- 1 What do you mean by corresponding?
- 2 What is a corresponding example?
- 3 What is linguistic correspondence?
- 4 How do you use the word corresponding?
- 5 Does corresponding mean similar?
- 6 What are the 3 types of correspondence?
- 7 What are the examples of correspondence?
- 8 What does receive correspondence mean?
- 9 What is called corresponding angle?
- 10 What is a corresponding document?
- 11 Does correspond mean contact?
What do you mean by corresponding?
1a: having or participating in the same relationship (such as kind, degree, position, correspondence, or function) especially with regard to the same or like wholes (such as geometric figures or sets) corresponding parts of similar triangles.
What is a corresponding example?
When two lines are crossed by another line (which is called the Transversal), the angles in matching corners are called corresponding angles. Example: a and e are corresponding angles. When the two lines are parallel Corresponding Angles are equal.
What is linguistic correspondence?
A correspondence is a set of sounds occurring in corresponding positions of cognates in related languages. The fact that the same correspondence set shows up consistently in all four languages argues for their relatedness.
How do you use the word corresponding?
agreeing in amount, magnitude, or degree.
- All rights have corresponding responsibilities.
- All rights carry with them corresponding responsibilities.
- The war, and the corresponding fall in trade, have had a devastating effect on the country.
- It has name corresponding to the facts.
Does corresponding mean similar?
Use the adjective corresponding to describe things that are similar or related. Your friends may all have corresponding viewpoints to yours, or you may have friends you like in spite of having different opinions.
What are the 3 types of correspondence?
Identify the three types of Correspondence – Personal, Business and Official. Distinguish between Business and Official Correspondence.
What are the examples of correspondence?
Correspondence is defined as communication, generally through letters or emails. An example of correspondence is the interchange of letters between pen-pals. The definition of correspondence is the act of conforming or agreeing with someone or something else.
What does receive correspondence mean?
1 to take (something offered) into one’s hand or possession. 2 to have (an honour, blessing, etc.) bestowed. 3 to accept delivery or transmission of (a letter, telephone call, etc.) 4 to be informed of (news or information)
What is called corresponding angle?
: any pair of angles each of which is on the same side of one of two lines cut by a transversal and on the same side of the transversal.
What is a corresponding document?
“Corresponding documents” The search division will often be confronted by the existence of “corresponding” documents (see B‑VI, 6.2), that is to say documents which have the same or substantially the same technical content.
Does correspond mean contact?
to communicate with someone by letter or email: correspond with sb There has been some problem in the way insurers are corresponding with customers.