- 1 Which impact factor is good for journals?
- 2 What is a good impact factor ranking?
- 3 What is a high impact journal?
- 4 Which Journal has highest impact factor?
- 5 Is an impact factor of 3 good?
- 6 Is an impact factor of 4.5 good?
- 7 What is average impact factor?
- 8 How is impact factor of a person calculated?
- 9 How many citations is good for a scientist?
- 10 Why is it important to publish in high impact journals?
- 11 How do you find high impact journals?
- 12 What is a good SJR score?
- 13 Is science advances a good journal?
- 14 What is Scopus index?
- 15 Is SJR impact factor?
Which impact factor is good for journals?
In most fields, the impact factor of 10 or greater is considered an excellent score while 3 is flagged as good and the average score is less than 1. This is a rule of thumb. However, the wild card to pay attention to is that impact factor and comparing journals are most effective in the same discipline.
What is a good impact factor ranking?
The top 5% of journals have impact factors approximately equal to or greater than 6 (610 journals or 4.9% of the journals tracked by JCR). Approximately two-thirds of the journals tracked by JCR have a 2017 impact factor equal to or greater than 1.
What is a high impact journal?
A ‘high impact’ journal is one where its articles are regulalrly cited across the academic spectrum – and especially if they are cited in other high impact journals. Citation indexes were first developed in the 1950s as a means to measure ‘Impact Factor’ of journals.
Which Journal has highest impact factor?
Journals with High Impact Factor
- CA- A Cancer Journal for Clinicians | 435,4.
- Natural Review Materials | 123,7.
- Quarterly Journal of Economics | 22,7.
- Nature Reviews Genetics | 73,5.
- Cell | 58,7.
- Journal of Political Economy | 12,1.
- New England Journal of Medicine | 66,1.
- Econometrica | 8,1.
Is an impact factor of 3 good?
impact factors more than 3 is considered excellent journals. As Jeroen Bosman said, the value of impact factors should be compared within a specific filed. We can compare impact factor of a journal in Political Science with another journal in it, not with a journal in Medicine.
Is an impact factor of 4.5 good?
In many cases a JIF of 4 could be very good indeed, and some journal editors aim for that number, but for certain journals it might be no more than acceptable or ordinary, whereas for others it would be considered exceptional.
What is average impact factor?
An Impact Factor of 1.0 means that, on average, the articles published one or two year ago have been cited one time. An Impact Factor of 2.5 means that, on average, the articles published one or two year ago have been cited two and a half times.
How is impact factor of a person calculated?
How Impact Factor is Calculated? The calculation is based on a two-year period and involves dividing the number of times articles were cited by the number of articles that are citable.
How many citations is good for a scientist?
For all researchers, 5-10 citations of their papers will be great! Publishing in good journals help the citations of our articles.
Why is it important to publish in high impact journals?
High impact journals seek high quality manuscripts that not only contribute to the knowledge of the reader but also clearly communicate the results and impact of the research.
How do you find high impact journals?
Search by Category
- Go to InCites Journal Citation Reports (JCR) and select Browse by Category.
- Click Select Categories at the left. Select the category that best matches your discipline.
- Once the center list is populated, click the number in the #journals column to view journal titles.
What is a good SJR score?
So a journal with a SJR value >1 has above average citation potential and journal with a SJR value <1.
Is science advances a good journal?
It is published by American Association for the Advancement of Science. The overall rank of Science advances is 215. According to SCImago Journal Rank (SJR), this journal is ranked 5.928. The best quartile for this journal is Q1.
What is Scopus index?
Scopus is citation database that gives quality measure for each title while impact factor reflects the yearly average number of citation of articles published in the last two years in a given journal.
Is SJR impact factor?
The SJR indicator is a free journal metric inspired by, and using an algorithm similar to, PageRank. The SJR indicator provides an alternative to the impact factor (IF) or average citations per document in a 2-year period, abbreviated as “Cites per Doc.