- 1 How do you reply to thank you in Farsi?
- 2 What is Merci in Persian?
- 3 How do you pronounce merci in Farsi?
- 4 What do you say to a Persian girl?
- 5 How do you say hello in Iran?
- 6 What does mamnoon mean in Farsi?
- 7 What does mamnoon mean?
- 8 What does Baba Joon mean in Farsi?
- 9 What does Khahesh Mikonam mean?
- 10 What does Tashakor mean?
- 11 Is French used in Iran?
- 12 How many different ways can Persians say they are grateful?
- 13 Why do Armenians say Merci?
How do you reply to thank you in Farsi?
you can respond khubam, merci, kheyli mamnoon (I’m fine, thank you). Many people don’t even say khubam (I’m fine). They give a simple merci or another ‘thank you’.
What is Merci in Persian?
Merci / Kheyli mamnoon / Sepâs — Thank you Persian has several ways to say “thank you,” and they’re often used together in combination. Take your pick from one of these.
How do you pronounce merci in Farsi?
Mersi (مرسی) or Merci Go for the French loan word, “Merci” – but roll the r to pronounce as “mer-see”. It leans more on the informal side but remains common across Farsi-speaking communities. In return, expect to hear “khahesh mikonam” (you’re welcome).
What do you say to a Persian girl?
Terms of Endearment
- Azizam. Azizam literally means “my dear” and is a general term of endearment that you can use with anyone- friend, family, lover, old, young.
- Khoshgelam. Literally, “my beautiful”, khoshgelam is a word you can say to your lady friend.
- Jigar talâ
- Aziz-e delam.
- Dooset dâram.
How do you say hello in Iran?
The Persian word “ Salam ” means “Hello”.
What does mamnoon mean in Farsi?
Greetings and basics in Farsi The most common is to say “mersi (مرسی)” or “mamnoon (ممنون)”. You can emphasize with “kheyli mamnoon (خیلی ممنون)”, which means “thanks a lot “.
What does mamnoon mean?
If you are wondering mamnoon ممنون is an Arabic word that means thankful as a state of being. mamnoon can be used as a plain “thank you”.
What does Baba Joon mean in Farsi?
Joon is often used after saying someone’s name as a form of respect or affection- baba joon, for example, means father dear, or Sarah joon, is simply Sarah dear. Joonam specifically means my dear. Used by itself, it is a question- like ‘yes, my dear?’.
What does Khahesh Mikonam mean?
Answers: 0. English translation: you’re welcome! Explanation: “Khahesh mikonam” might be the response for “thank you” (moteshakeram or Mersi or Mamnoon, etc.) and you could say “you’re welcome” in this situation but sometimes it means “please” in order to ask something from someone.
What does Tashakor mean?
Tashakor. (. You’re welcome.
Is French used in Iran?
If you group them all together, Turkic languages and dialects (including Turkish) are spoken by as much as 18 percent of Iran’s population. Among these, one of the most common is Azerbaijani, which is related to Turkish and Crimean Tatar. Many Iranians are also schooled in second languages like English and French.
How many different ways can Persians say they are grateful?
12 Ways to say ‘Thank you’ in Persian. 1- Thank you. متشکرم. motshakeram.
Why do Armenians say Merci?
As you have probably noticed, the Armenian word for “thank you” is very long. Therefore, in everyday speech, Armenians often use the word “merci”, borrowed from French.