- 1 How do you express gratitude in Greek?
- 2 What does efharisto mean in Greek?
- 3 What does Efcharisto mean?
- 4 What does daxi mean in Greek?
- 5 What is Yamas English?
- 6 What does Parakalo mean in Greek?
- 7 What is your name in Greek?
- 8 How do you compliment someone in Greek?
- 9 What does Cala mean in Greek?
- 10 What does Signomi mean in Greek?
- 11 What does Tikanis mean in Greek?
- 12 What is the Greek word for goodnight?
How do you express gratitude in Greek?
A polite way of expressing gratitude in Greek is saying “ Μένω υπόχρεος” (meno ipohreos) (if you’re male) or “Μένω υπόχρεη” (meno ipohrei) (if you’re female). This indicates to the people that you are very appreciative of their actions and that you now have a feeling of obligation towards them.
What does efharisto mean in Greek?
greek phrase. Ευχαριστώ (Efharisto) Explanation: It means ” Thank you ”
What does Efcharisto mean?
Efharisto – Thank you. I expect you all know a few Greek words, perhaps the most widely known being “Eucharisto” or “Efharisto”, meaning Thank You.
What does daxi mean in Greek?
“Endaxi”—or just “daxi”—means essentially, “ It’s all okay, nothing to worry about.” In Greece, any dispute or misunderstanding at a restaurant or store can generally be resolved with “daxi”—let’s just not worry about it now. It’s all fine.
What is Yamas English?
‘Yamas! ‘ Any time that you find yourself toasting at supper or a bar, yamas is a word that will be useful. The equivalent of ‘ cheers ‘, you’ll find it difficult to say without a smile on your face.
What does Parakalo mean in Greek?
Translation: Please/ Thank you/ you’re welcome. The word ‘parakalo’ is used in many ways in Greek – it is even used to answer a phone call or a knock at the door. Perhaps the most common way you can use it, however, is in order to say ‘please’ and ‘you are welcome’.
What is your name in Greek?
” Pos se le-ne? ” What’s your name? Πως σε λένε? “Pos se le-ne?”
How do you compliment someone in Greek?
1. An Introduction to Greek Compliments
- Greek: Κάνω ένα κομπλιμέντο.
- Romanization: Káno éna kompliméndo.
- Literal Translation: “I do a compliment.”
- Meaning: “I give a compliment.” / “I compliment.”
What does Cala mean in Greek?
Greek: Pretty; bright-eyed.
What does Signomi mean in Greek?
Συγγνώμη (signomi). The g sound is very soft, like wh in “what”. It means excuse me or sorry and it’s used when we want to apologize or to get through a crowd of people in the metro station, for instance.
What does Tikanis mean in Greek?
Explanation: Yiasou = Hi, hello.
What is the Greek word for goodnight?
Kalinikta: Goodnight in Greek.