- 1 Can I use say something?
- 2 How do you say something in a nice way?
- 3 What can I write instead of something?
- 4 What is a word for saying something happily?
- 5 What do you make when you say something word?
- 6 What is the word for saying something without saying it?
- 7 Can you say something meaning?
- 8 What is the verb of say?
- 9 How do you say something about someone?
- 10 How do you say I’m broken?
- 11 How do you say something is broken?
- 12 What is the slang word for broke?
Can I use say something?
These words are all used when you express a thought or state information. Say is a very common word. It can be used with a noun as an object, or with speech to indicate the words spoken by someone.
How do you say something in a nice way?
Follow these tips and you should make the right impression when you talk to people.
- Listen and be understanding.
- Avoid negative words – instead use positive words in a negative form.
- Say the magic word: Sorry.
- Use little words to soften your statements.
- Avoid ‘finger pointing’ statements with the word ‘you’
What can I write instead of something?
Here are ten alternatives we can use:
- a detail. He told us all the details of his life.
- a feature. The new Galaxy smartphone has many unique features.
- an item. There are twenty items on the shopping list.
- an issue.
- a matter.
- a point.
- a subject.
- a topic.
What is a word for saying something happily?
In this page you can discover 80 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for happily, like: joyfully, cheerfully, gladly, successfully, joyously, brightly, contentedly, blithely, merrily, exultantly and delightedly.
What do you make when you say something word?
articulate Add to list Share. To articulate is to say something. And, if you say it well, someone might praise you by saying you are articulate.
What is the word for saying something without saying it?
innuendo Add to list Share. Innuendo in Latin means “to point to” or “nod to.” When you refer to something indirectly, you point at it without mentioning it, making an innuendo.
Can you say something meaning?
Can you/we say (something)? Used rhetorically to emphasize or draw attention to something one thinks is the case.
What is the verb of say?
The word said is the past tense of the verb “say,” but it can also be used as an adjective to refer to something that has been previously introduced. Although said is most commonly used as the past tense of the verb say, its use as an adjective comes mainly in legal and business writing.
How do you say something about someone?
What to Say to Someone
- You are more fun than anyone or anything I know, including bubble wrap.
- You are the most perfect you there is.
- You are enough.
- You are one of the strongest people I know.
- You look great today.
- You have the best smile.
- Your outlook on life is amazing.
- You just light up the room.
How do you say I’m broken?
Here are some alternative phrases that should come in handy if you have to explain your situation or turn down an invitation for financial reasons.
- I’m running a little low on funds.
- I’m feeling the pinch at the moment.
- I’m temporarily in the red.
- I’m nearly running on empty.
- My resources are a little depleted.
How do you say something is broken?
- broken. adjective. a broken object has been damaged and is in two or more pieces.
- battered. adjective. old and slightly damaged.
- faulty. adjective. not working correctly or made correctly.
- fractured. adjective. broken, or cracked.
- flawed. adjective.
- tattered. adjective.
- wrecked. adjective.
- war-torn. adjective.
What is the slang word for broke?
skint (British, slang) strapped for cash (informal) dirt-poor (informal) flat broke (informal) penurious.