- 1 What is French for reading?
- 2 How do you say I read a book in French?
- 3 What is the verb for read in French?
- 4 What is write in French?
- 5 Are you reading a book in French?
- 6 How do you say book in French in French?
- 7 How do you say I’m reading in French?
- 8 Is Vouloir être or avoir?
- 9 How do I write my name in French?
- 10 What are some French words?
- 11 What is your name in French?
What is French for reading?
French Translation. lis. More French words for read. la lecture noun. reading, playback, interpretation, perusal.
How do you say I read a book in French?
Translation of “she’s reading a book” in French
- Okay, she’s reading a book. O.K., elle lit un livre.
- Okay, she’s reading a book The book got a title? O.K., elle lit un livre. Il a un titre?
- She’s reading a book on Al Capone. Elle lit un livre sur Al Capone.
- And she’s reading a book. Et elle lit un livre.
What is the verb for read in French?
‘ Lire ‘ is a verb in French that means ‘to read’ in English.
What is write in French?
write → écrire, rédiger, enregistrer, composer.
Are you reading a book in French?
Vous lisez un livre? What are you reading a book for? Pourquoi tu lis un livre?
How do you say book in French in French?
book → bouquin, livre, ouvrage. book → réserver, bloc, livre, bouquin.
How do you say I’m reading in French?
i’ve been reading a book. “I’m reading a book” is ” Je lis un livre ” or “Je suis en train de lire un livre”.
Is Vouloir être or avoir?
The French verb vouloir means “to want” or “to wish.” It is one of the 10 most common French verbs and you will use it just as much as avoir and être.
How do I write my name in French?
Use the basic je m’appelle (zhuh mah-pehl) in most situations. This is the standard way to say “my name is” in French, and is appropriate in any occasion. The verb appeller means “to call,” so the phrase literally means “I call myself.”
What are some French words?
Learn Some Common French Words
- Bonjour = Hello, Good morning.
- Au revoir = Goodbye.
- Oui = Yes.
- Non = No.
- Merci = Thank you.
- Merci beaucoup = Thank you very much.
- Fille = Girl.
- Garçon = Boy.
What is your name in French?
If you’d like to say “What is your name?” in French, you generally have two options. To pose the question formally, you’d say “ Comment vous-appelez vous? Speaking informally, you can simply ask “Comment t’appelles-tu?”