- 1 How do you ask politely in German?
- 2 What does Bita mean in German?
- 3 Can u help me please in German?
- 4 What is the formal way of saying thank you in German?
- 5 What is considered rude in Germany?
- 6 How do you ask for something in German?
- 7 How do you reply to Danke?
- 8 What is German language called?
- 9 How can I help you in German?
- 10 What is your name in German?
- 11 Can I help you informal German?
- 12 How do you say thank?
- 13 How do you say thank you politely?
How do you ask politely in German?
Hättest du…? (Would you have…?) Könnten Sie bitte…? (Could you please…?) This tense softens the request, like the difference between the sentence “I want a soda,” and “I would like a soda.” If you want to sound extra polite, it’s best to add these types of sentences to your speaking repertoire (please).
What does Bita mean in German?
We say “Bitte” ( Please ). The German word bitte means so much more than “please” or “you’re welcome.” In some ways, it’s a go-to word like “pardon.”
Can u help me please in German?
“Could you please help me?” in German Könnten Sie mir bitte helfen?
What is the formal way of saying thank you in German?
1. Danke — Thank you / Thanks. It’s not rude to use it even with people you’re less familiar with, but it doesn’t hurt to use a formal pronoun for them and say something like Ich danke Ihnen (I thank you).
What is considered rude in Germany?
Germans are extremely punctual and well-mannered. Showing up late, losing your cool, or raising your voice are all considered rude and thoughtless. If you step out of line, don’t be surprised or offended if someone corrects your behavior, as this is very common in the German culture.
How do you ask for something in German?
Warum? (Why?) Wie? (How?) Wie viel? (How much?) See how these question words work in a few useful phrases:
- Hast du Geld? [S/Informal] (Do you have money?)
- Sprechen Sie gut Deutsch? [S/P/Formal] (Do you speak German well?)
- Wo wohnt Herr Keller? (Where does Mr.
- Wohin gehen Sie? [Formal] (Where are you going?)
How do you reply to Danke?
When someone says danke, the standard response is bitte. This normally means ‘please’, but within the context of responding to a ‘thank you’, it means ‘you’re welcome’. If instead they say danke schön, then you should reply by saying bitte schön.
What is German language called?
: thank you very much.
How can I help you in German?
How can I help you [example] Wie kann ich Ihnen behilflich sein [ex.]
What is your name in German?
If you want to say “What is your name?” in German, you would either say, “ Wie heißen sie? ” (formal) or “Wie heißt du?” (informal).
Can I help you informal German?
Learn more than just “can you help me? (informal)” können Sie mir helfen?
How do you say thank?
Other ways to say thank you in any occasion
- I appreciate what you did.
- Thank you for thinking of me.
- Thank you for your time today.
- I value and respect your opinion.
- I am so thankful for what you did.
- I wanted to take the time to thank you.
- I really appreciate your help. Thank you.
- Your kind words warmed my heart.
How do you say thank you politely?
These general thank-you phrases can be used for all personal and professional communications:
- Thank you so much.
- Thank you very much.
- I appreciate your consideration/guidance/help/time.
- I sincerely appreciate ….
- My sincere appreciation/gratitude/thanks.
- My thanks and appreciation.
- Please accept my deepest thanks.