- 1 How do you greet someone in German?
- 2 How do you answer Wie geht es dir?
- 3 What are 3 greetings in German?
- 4 What is considered rude in Germany?
- 5 Can you just say Morgen?
- 6 How do you respond to Danke?
- 7 What is Wie Gehts short for?
- 8 How do you respond to Alles gut?
- 9 How do you respond to Guten Morgen?
- 10 How do u say goodnight in German?
- 11 How do you count from 1 to 100 in German?
- 12 Do Germans say Morgen?
- 13 Do Germans say Wie Gehts?
How do you greet someone in German?
“Guten Tag” (Good day) or “Hallo” (Hello) are the most common verbal greetings used in Germany. In the South, some people may say “Grüß Gott” (literally translating as ‘Greet God’). In formal situations, one should address another person with their title and last name, “Herr” (Mr.) for men and “Frau” (Mrs.)
How do you answer Wie geht es dir?
The following are acceptable answers to the question Wie geht es Ihnen? (How are you?): Danke, gut. (dân-ke, gooht.) (Thanks, I’m fine.) or Gut, danke.
What are 3 greetings in German?
- Hallo! Hello!
- Guten Morgen! Good morning!
- Guten Tag! Good day!
- Grüß Gott! Good day! (Used mostly in southern Germany and Austria)
- Guten Abend! Good evening!
- Auf Wiedersehen! Goodbye! ( formal)
- Tschüss! Goodbye! ( informal)
- Ciao! Goodbye! ( borrowed from Italian; popular with younger Germans)
What is considered rude in Germany?
Germans are extremely punctual and well-mannered. Showing up late, losing your cool, or raising your voice are all considered rude and thoughtless. If you step out of line, don’t be surprised or offended if someone corrects your behavior, as this is very common in the German culture.
Can you just say Morgen?
So British people will often say “morning” as a short form of “good morning” but do Germans say ” morgen ” as a shortened “guten morgen “? Yes, it’s very common.
How do you respond to Danke?
When someone says danke, the standard response is bitte. This normally means ‘please’, but within the context of responding to a ‘thank you’, it means ‘you’re welcome’. If instead they say danke schön, then you should reply by saying bitte schön.
What is Wie Gehts short for?
: how goes it?: how is it going? — used as a greeting.
How do you respond to Alles gut?
or ‘What’s happening?’. Remember, this is an informal greeting used between friends. A good way to respond do this would be ‘Alles gut’ ( it’s all good, everything is fine ), ‘Nicht viel’ (not much) or ‘So einiges / Einiges’ (quite a lot).
How do you respond to Guten Morgen?
Very often people just reply with the same thing that has been said to them. Guten Morgen, Franz! – Guten Morgen, Helmut! Good morning, Franz!
How do u say goodnight in German?
Gute Nacht is the most common and widely used expression to say “good night” in German. 3
How do you count from 1 to 100 in German?
The Rest Of The Tens
- thirty — dreißig.
- forty — vierzig.
- fifty — fünfzig.
- sixty — sechzig.
- seventy — siebzig.
- eighty — achtzig.
- ninety — neunzig.
- one hundred — einhundert.
Do Germans say Morgen?
8 – Guten Morgen He have already seen how easy it is to say hi in German because of these similarities. Although Guten Morgen is a more formal greeting, you can use it if you are not certain of which greeting to choose in a specific occasion.
Do Germans say Wie Gehts?
The short version is: “Wie geht’s?” – the “wie ” means – how. “Geht” comes from “gehen” which means to go or to walk and the “ ‘s ” comes from “es” which means it. And the longer version is: “Wie geht es dir?” The “dir” means to you.