- 1 How do you wish someone a happy birthday in German?
- 2 Is it bad luck to wish someone happy birthday in Germany?
- 3 What is a good way to say happy birthday?
- 4 How do you address a woman in German?
- 5 What is bad luck in Germany?
- 6 What is a German birthday?
- 7 What types of gifts are given in Germany?
- 8 How do you say cheers in German when drinking?
- 9 What is vielen dank?
- 10 What is the meaning of Alles Gute?
- 11 How do you say happy birthday to Bestie in unique way?
- 12 How do you write a birthday blessing?
How do you wish someone a happy birthday in German?
Spoken Birthday Expressions
- Herzlichen Glückwunsch zum Geburtstag! > Happy birthday!
- Alles Gute zum Geburtstag! > Have a good birthday!
- All das Beste zum Geburtstag! > All the best on your birthday!
- Viel Glück zum Geburtstag! >
- Ich gratuliere Ihnen zu Ihrem 40/50/60 etc. >
- Herzlichen Glückwunsch nachträglich. >
Is it bad luck to wish someone happy birthday in Germany?
In Germany, “Happy birthday to you” changes to “Zum Geburtstag viel Glueck,” meaning, “Good luck on your birthday.” And that luck must only come on the day of birth. While Germans may not mind celebrating their birthday weeks after the date, celebrating early is considered bad luck.
What is a good way to say happy birthday?
May you birthday be filled with laughter! I wish you all the best on your special day. I hope you have a fantastic day and a fantastic year to come. I wish you a wonderful day!
How do you address a woman in German?
In formal situations, one should address another person with their title and last name, “Herr” (Mr.) for men and “Frau” (Mrs.) for women. It is polite to continue to use formal titles until the person invites you to move on to a first-name basis.
What is bad luck in Germany?
A Badly Timed “Happy Birthday ” in Germany Brings Bad Luck Got a birthday coming up in a few days? Here, have a hearty old “Happy Birthday!”. Not so in Germany! Wishing someone happy birthday before the actual date, even just a few hours before midnight is said to bring bad luck.
What is a German birthday?
In Germany, you always celebrate your birthday on the actual day you were born and not a minute earlier. You celebrate “into” a person’s birthday at midnight (known as ” reinfeier “) – even mid-week. Saying “happy birthday” to a German before the actual date can lead to angry stares and insults.
What types of gifts are given in Germany?
When invited to a German home, it is appropriate to bring a gift of flowers, wine, chocolates, or a small gift that represents your home country or region. Flowers should be given in uneven numbers and unwrapped (unless wrapped in cellophane). Avoid presenting 13 of any kind of flower or red roses.
How do you say cheers in German when drinking?
1. “ Prost! “ Translation: “Cheers!
What is vielen dank?
Vielen Dank — Many thanks Some might say that this phrase is even more formal than danke schön or danke sehr. It definitely sounds more heartfelt. It’s good to use when someone has really helped you out or you’re truly grateful.
What is the meaning of Alles Gute?
“Alles gut” as “ don’t worry ” This is the usage that I think is super trendy at the moment. Literally, alles gut means all good and people throw it in more and more as just a slight casual way to say “There’s no reason to worry.”
How do you say happy birthday to Bestie in unique way?
Wishing you many more years of good health and prosperity. Thank you for living your life in a way that makes every day worth celebrating. Happiest of birthdays! Even though celebrations might look a bit different this year, you’re always the life of the party—over Zoom, and all.
How do you write a birthday blessing?
I pray you have the best birthday ever. You are such a blessing to my life! I thank God so much for you, and I hope you have a wonderful birthday! Wishing you all God’s greatest blessings on your birthday and in the year ahead!