- 1 How do you say goodnight in Brazil?
- 2 How do you say goodnight in Portuguese?
- 3 How do you say common phrases in Portuguese?
- 4 Does a woman say Obrigado or Obrigada?
- 5 How do you greet in Portuguese?
- 6 How do you say WYD in Portuguese?
- 7 What are common Portuguese names?
- 8 How do you say Boa Noite in Portuguese?
- 9 What is your name in Portuguese?
- 10 What is the response to Obrigado?
- 11 What is the Portuguese national drink?
- 12 How do you reply Tudo bem?
- 13 How does a girl say thank you in Portuguese?
How do you say goodnight in Brazil?
Greetings. Ways to greet people include: Bom dia (bong jee-ah) – good morning, Boa tarde (bowa tarjay) – good afternoon/evening, Boa noite (bowa noychay) – good night. And more informally: Oi!
How do you say goodnight in Portuguese?
Though “boa noite ” literally translates to “good night,” it is used as a greeting and not something to say to someone before they go to bed, like in English.
How do you say common phrases in Portuguese?
45 Basic Portuguese Phrases and Words for Absolute Beginners
- Bom dia/Boa tarde/Boa noite — Good morning/afternoon/night.
- Olá — Hello.
- Oi — Hi.
- Alô/Está lá — Hello (on the phone)
- Tchau — Bye.
- Até logo! — See you later!
- Até amanhã — See you tomorrow.
- Adeus — Goodbye (formal)
Does a woman say Obrigado or Obrigada?
This understanding will make it super easy to always remember the correct way for you to say thank you in Portuguese. It really is easy to say thank you in Portuguese: Men say Obrigado. Women say Obrigada.
How do you greet in Portuguese?
Basic Portuguese Greetings
- Olá (Hello)
- Bom dia (Good morning, lit.
- Boa tarde (Good afternoon)
- Boa noite (Good evening / Good night)
- Bem-vindo (Welcome)
- Tudo bem? (How are you, lit.
- Até logo / Até amanhã (See you later/tomorrow, lit.
- Adeus (Goodbye)
How do you say WYD in Portuguese?
wyd? [abbreviation] [abbr.] (como está você?)
What are common Portuguese names?
Popular Portuguese names
How do you say Boa Noite in Portuguese?
Boa noite – for english speakers it’s pronounced boa (like the snake) noee’tee. noite = no + e.t. (like the movie, e.t.)
What is your name in Portuguese?
Portuguese phrase for What is your name? is Qual é o seu nome?
What is the response to Obrigado?
So when someone says obrigado or valeu to you, gives you their graças, or tells you that they want to agradecer you, what should your reply be? The most common way to say “you’re welcome” is de nada; literally “of nothing”. You can also say por nada. There’s no real difference; de nada is more common.
What is the Portuguese national drink?
In a country of exceptional wines and ports, something that is often missed off visitors’ drinking lists is Licor Beirão. It might even be a surprise to some that its slogan ‘O licor de Portugal’ claims to be the national liquor.
How do you reply Tudo bem?
If you want to say “How is it going?” you ask tudo bem? (“too-du bayn“,) and the response is tudo bom (“too-du bom“) or again tudo bem (“too-du bayn“), ie “Everything’s good. It’s going well.” If you want to get more colorful, your response could be beleza (“bell-ay-za“), which is to say “Everything’s beautiful.”
How does a girl say thank you in Portuguese?
Say obrigado if you’re a man and obrigada if you’re a woman. Add muito to say “very much” and por or pelo/pela to explain what are you thanking.