- 1 How do you say goodnight in Chinese?
- 2 How do I say goodnight in Cantonese?
- 3 How do you say good night?
- 4 What is hello in Cantonese?
- 5 What does lay Ho Ma mean?
- 6 What can I say instead of good morning?
- 7 How do you respond to Ni Hao?
- 8 What does Ni hao ma?
- 9 How do you say 15 minutes in Chinese?
- 10 What does 8 mean in Chinese?
- 11 What does 9 mean in Chinese?
How do you say goodnight in Chinese?
A. “Good night” is “ 晚安 (wǎn’ān) ” in Chinese.
How do I say goodnight in Cantonese?
If you would like to greet someone Good night in Cantonese, use 早抖 (zou2 dau2). This literally means “Good night” in English. It is used in an informal setting where 早 means “early” in English and 抖 means “rest”.
How do you say good night?
The following are some cute ways to say good night to your loved ones:
- Goodnight, the love of my life!
- Goodnight and sweet dreams.
- It’s time to ride the rainbow to dreamland.
- Night night.
- Can’t wait to wake up next to you!
- Sleep tonight.
- I’ll dream of you tonight and see you tomorrow, my true love.
What is hello in Cantonese?
哈囉 is “hello” with a Cantonese pronunciation. 哈囉，你好呀 (haa1 lo3，nei5 hou2 aa3), meaning “hello,” is usually used when you want to greet someone that you aren’t close with in a friendly way. It’s a more formal Cantonese greeting.
What does lay Ho Ma mean?
Lay Ho Ma, pronounced lay ho ma. I’m Very Good (Mandarin)
What can I say instead of good morning?
synonyms for good morning
- buenos dias.
- good morrow.
How do you respond to Ni Hao?
To answer the question “你好吗 （nǐ hǎo mā）？”, Chinese usually say “我很好（wǒ hěn hǎo） ”, instead of “我好 (wǒ hǎo)”.
What does Ni hao ma?
“How are you ” is the most common way to greet people in English, therefore it’s natural for an English speaker to ask a Chinese how to say “how are you?” Well, literally translating “how are you” into Chinese is “ni hao ma”.
How do you say 15 minutes in Chinese?
For 15 minutes in the Minute placement – 14:15, you say it as 两点十五分 Liǎng diǎn shíwǔ fēn or 两点一刻 Yīkè which means one quarter.
What does 8 mean in Chinese?
‘Eight’ (八) in Chinese is pronounced ‘ba’ and sounds similar to fa (发, trad. 發, i.e. facai 发财), meaning “well-off” or “getting rich in a short time”. Thus 8 is said to invite great wealth.
What does 9 mean in Chinese?
The number 9 ( 九 jiǔ ) sounds like 久 (jiǔ) which means a long duration of time. Therefore, it represents longevity and eternality. Thanks to this symbolism, Chinese lovebirds often incorporate this number into romantic gestures (e.g., getting married on September 9th, offering 99 roses during an engagement, etc.).