- 1 How do you say word of the day in French?
- 2 How do you read the date in French?
- 3 What are some French words?
- 4 What are some common French phrases?
- 5 What is a romantic date in French?
- 6 How do you write the date?
- 7 Is mon ami romantic?
- 8 What is mon Cherie?
- 9 What is a petit dejeuner?
- 10 What is beurre mean?
- 11 What does the verb déjeuner mean in French?
How do you say word of the day in French?
This is so much better. This is le mot du jour —the word of the day.
How do you read the date in French?
The formal way of writing the date is day, then date, then month. For example, you would write mardi, 18 avril (Tuesday, 18 April). Note that the French don’t use “th” or “st” with the numbers like we do.
What are some French words?
Learn Some Common French Words
- Bonjour = Hello, Good morning.
- Au revoir = Goodbye.
- Oui = Yes.
- Non = No.
- Merci = Thank you.
- Merci beaucoup = Thank you very much.
- Fille = Girl.
- Garçon = Boy.
What are some common French phrases?
Common French Phrases for Conversation
- Bonjour! ( Good morning, hello)
- Bienvenue. (Welcome.)
- Madame/Monsieur/Mademoiselle (Mrs. / Mr. /
- Pardon, excusez-moi. (Pardon, excuse me.)
- Parlez-vous anglais? (Do you speak English?)
- Je ne parle pas français. (I do not speak French.)
- À tout à l’heure!
- Merci/Merci beaucoup.
What is a romantic date in French?
un rendez-vous romantique. More French words for romantic date. date romantique. romantic date. romantique date.
How do you write the date?
The international standard recommends writing the date as year, then month, then the day: YYYY-MM-DD. So if both the Australian and American used this, they would both write the date as 2019-02-03. Writing the date this way avoids confusion by placing the year first. Much of Asia uses this form when writing the date.
Is mon ami romantic?
When you say “my” (mon/ma) before the word then it is more likely to be the more intimate version! To say “my friend” in French, it’s mon ami or mon amie. And a romantic language like French must never be awkward!
What is mon Cherie?
Quick Meme. The expression mon chéri remains common in French today. Sometime in in the mid-1800s, cheri (usually without the accent) entered English for “a sweet young woman.” Mon cheri to mean “my darling” or “my sweetheart” appears in English-language publications around that time to reflect the speech of French.
What is a petit dejeuner?
Breakfast or “petit déjeuner” in French is known as the most important meal of the day, the one that gives you the energy needed to get through the day that is ahead and to get your daily activities done.
What is beurre mean?
: butter —usually used in the phrase au beurre peas au beurre.
What does the verb déjeuner mean in French?
1: breakfast or lunch.