- 1 How do you say cheers in 7 languages?
- 2 How do you say cheers in many languages?
- 3 How do you toast in Welsh?
- 4 How do I say cheers?
- 5 What kampai means?
- 6 What is kampai Korean?
- 7 How do you toast in Italian?
- 8 How do you toast in French?
- 9 What does Nostrovia mean?
- 10 How do you toast in Russian?
- 11 What is a common Russian greeting?
How do you say cheers in 7 languages?
To prepare you for the next time you raise your glass abroad, we’ve gathered a list of 10 different ways to toast around the world.
- Spanish: ¡ Salud! (
- French: Santé! ( sahn-TAY)
- German: Prost! (
- Swedish/Danish/Norwegian: Skål! (
- Russian:! (
- Italian: Cin cin! (
- Turkish: Şerefe! (
- Portuguese: Saúde! (
How do you say cheers in many languages?
How to Say “Cheers” in 10 Different Languages
- Cheers in Japanese: 乾杯 / Kanpai.
- Cheers in Spanish: Salud.
- Cheers in German: Prost.
- Cheers in French: Santé! / À votre santé!
- Cheers in Portuguese: Saúde.
- Cheers in Korean: 건배 / Geonbae.
- Cheers in Swedish: Skål.
- Cheers in Afrikaans: Gesondheid.
How do you toast in Welsh?
In Welsh, the way to say Cheers! is Iechyd da! (It is sometimes anglicised to Yaki da! or Yaki dah! but these spellings are incorrect.) As in English, it is said when you raise a glass to toast another person, or when you clink glasses with a group of friends in celebration.
How do I say cheers?
20 Ways To Say “Cheers!”
- Afrikaans: Gesondheid. Pronounced: Ge-sund-hate.
- Chinese (Mandarin):干杯 / gān bēi. Pronounced: Gan bay.
- Czech: Na zdravi. Pronounced: Naz-drah vi.
- Dutch: Proost. Pronounced: Prohst.
- French: Santé! / À votre santé!
- German: Prost / Zum wohl.
- Greek: ΥΓΕΙΑ
- Irish Gaelic: Sláinte.
What kampai means?
(乾杯 (かんぱい), literally ” Empty the cup/glass “), sometimes transcribed Kampai!, is a Japanese drinking toast.
What is kampai Korean?
건배 is the most frequently used Korean word for cheers. Interestingly, this Korean word 건배 is very similar to Chinese word, 干杯(Ganbei), and Japanese word, 乾杯 (Kanpai), which they both mean “cheers.” You can use this word 건배 with Koreans whether they are older or younger than you are.
How do you toast in Italian?
The Italian word for cheers is either “ Salute” or “Cin Cin”. This is usually followed by “alla nostra salute”, which means “to your health”. If you would like to make a toast, you would say “fare un brindisi”. Italians love to say “cin cin” because it recalls the sound of glass touching when making the toast.
How do you toast in French?
Toasting with friends in French À ta santé / À votre santé – the most common way to say cheers in French. This literally means “to your health.” Santé – the French love to shorten their words and phrases, and this is simply a shortened version of à ta santé.
What does Nostrovia mean?
“Nostrovia” is the English mispronunciation of the Russian word, “Na Zdorovie”, meaning “cheers”. Nostrovia is now used as English slang for “ let’s get drunk ” and as a common drinking toast. Nostrovia!
How do you toast in Russian?
The Russian equivalent for Cheers! is! [za zda-ró-vye]. Literally it means: “To your health!”.
What is a common Russian greeting?
1. / The workhorse of Russian greetings, is the most common way to say hello. However, when in doubt about level of formality, always go with the formal.