- 1 How do you say Quiet in German dog?
- 2 What are some cool German words?
- 3 How do you say please be quiet in English?
- 4 What does Plotz mean in German?
- 5 Is shut up a bad word?
- 6 How do you say shut up in a fancy way?
- 7 What is the most beautiful German word?
- 8 How do you yell in German?
- 9 What is the most German word?
- 10 How do you say stop talking nicely?
- 11 How do you shut up a talkative person?
- 12 Why is it rude to say shut up?
How do you say Quiet in German dog?
The german dog command for quiet is: Quiet: Ruhig (Roo-ig)
What are some cool German words?
10 beautiful and memorable German words
- Sehnsucht. Amid different definitions, which vary from yearning, desire and/or craving, Sehnsucht is a feeling of longing for something unknown and indefinite.
How do you say please be quiet in English?
Ways of telling someone to stop talking or to be quiet –
- be quiet. phrase. used for telling someone to stop talking or to stop making a noise.
- keep your voice down. phrase. used for telling someone to be quiet.
- shh. interjection.
- sh. interjection.
- shush. interjection.
- zip it. phrase.
- keep down. phrasal verb.
- ssh. interjection.
What does Plotz mean in German?
intransitive verb. Informal to be overcome with emotion; give way to excitement, anger, delight, etc. Origin of plotz.; from eastern; English Yiddish platsn, literally, to burst, explode; from Middle High German platzen.
Is shut up a bad word?
The phrase is probably a shortened form of “shut up your mouth” or “shut your mouth up”. Its use is generally considered rude and impolite, and may also considered a form of profanity by some.
How do you say shut up in a fancy way?
Synonyms of ‘shut up’
- button it (slang)
- pipe down (slang) Just pipe down and I’ll tell you what I want.
- put a sock in it (British, slang)
- keep your trap shut (slang)
- cut the cackle (informal)
- button your lip (slang)
What is the most beautiful German word?
Gemütlichkeit has been named “the most beautiful German word” of 2019, according to a vote of 850 German learners from 46 countries in the magazine “Deutsch Perfekt”. The term roughly translates to comfort, but also coins a unique feeling which also encompasses warmth and coziness.
How do you yell in German?
- Gekreisch, das ~ Noun.
- Schreien, das ~ Noun.
- Kreischen, das ~ Noun.
- Geschrei, das ~ Noun.
- Gebrüll, das ~ Noun.
- Zetergeschrei, das ~ Noun.
- Spektakel, der ~ Noun.
What is the most German word?
At 80 letters, the longest word ever composed in German is “Donaudampfschifffahrtselektrizitätenhauptbetriebswerkbauunterbeamtengesellschaft,” meaning, the “Association for Subordinate Officials of the Head Office Management of the Danube Steamboat Electrical Services.” But it’s a coinage of strung together more for
How do you say stop talking nicely?
Say something nice to end the conversation like, “Thanks for talking with me,” and then just leave. But make sure you don’t do that while they’re STILL talking, and try not to be rude. What do I do when they immediately start talking behind my back after just turning around to leave? Ignore the comment, and walk away.
How do you shut up a talkative person?
4 Ways to Get People to Stop Talking
- Set Time Limits. Every Sunday morning my family and I sit in a quiet, orderly church service for over an hour.
- Engage Enthusiastically. One reason people talk too much is because they are not heard.
- Help Them Land the Plane.
- Interrupt Between Breaths.
- Want more insight?
Why is it rude to say shut up?
Shut up is a rude way to tell someone to stop talking. It can also be used an as exclamation of amazement or excitement.