- 1 How do you say thank you in Hong Kong?
- 2 Is Xie Xie Mandarin or Cantonese?
- 3 Is it rude to tip in Hong Kong?
- 4 How do you say bye in Hong Kong?
- 5 What is hello in Cantonese?
- 6 How do you reply to Xie Xie?
- 7 What is Xie Xie in English?
- 8 What is I love you in Cantonese?
- 9 How do you say thank you politely?
- 10 How do you say thank you humbly?
- 11 How do you say graciously thank you?
How do you say thank you in Hong Kong?
While in English there is only one main way of thanking someone using the phrase ‘thank-you’ or one of its variants (e.g. ‘thanks’, ‘ta’), in Hong Kong Cantonese there are two phrases, m4-goi1 and do1-ze6, both of which could be translated to English as ‘thank you’.
Is Xie Xie Mandarin or Cantonese?
Shi -shi (xie xie) is Mandarin for thankyou. In Hong Kong they speak mostly Cantonese and there are 2 different words for thank you.
Is it rude to tip in Hong Kong?
At an average hotel in Hong Kong, tipping is optional; it’s not customary to tip the bellhop/bell boys, room attendant, room service, housekeeper/maid, or concierge. However, if you receive great or additional services, you can give a small tip to show your appreciation.
How do you say bye in Hong Kong?
Many native people from Hong Kong have completely adopted the English word “goodbye,” pronouncing it 拜拜 (baai1 baai3).
What is hello in Cantonese?
哈囉 is “hello” with a Cantonese pronunciation. 哈囉，你好呀 (haa1 lo3，nei5 hou2 aa3), meaning “hello,” is usually used when you want to greet someone that you aren’t close with in a friendly way. It’s a more formal Cantonese greeting.
How do you reply to Xie Xie?
As we know, you should answer ” bu keqi 不客气” (you’re welcome) when someone said “xiè xie” to you. However, many Chinese answered “bu yong xie” instead. “bu yong xie” means “you don’t need to say thank you to me”.
What is Xie Xie in English?
English translation of 谢谢 ( xiexie / xièxie ) – thank you in Chinese.
What is I love you in Cantonese?
I love you (formal) 我愛你 (我爱你)
How do you say thank you politely?
These general thank-you phrases can be used for all personal and professional communications:
- Thank you so much.
- Thank you very much.
- I appreciate your consideration/guidance/help/time.
- I sincerely appreciate ….
- My sincere appreciation/gratitude/thanks.
- My thanks and appreciation.
- Please accept my deepest thanks.
How do you say thank you humbly?
Other ways to say thank you in any occasion
- I appreciate what you did.
- Thank you for thinking of me.
- Thank you for your time today.
- I value and respect your opinion.
- I am so thankful for what you did.
- I wanted to take the time to thank you.
- I really appreciate your help. Thank you.
- Your kind words warmed my heart.
How do you say graciously thank you?
Other Ways to Say “Thank You So Much” and “Thank You Very Much” in Writing
- 1 Thank you for all your hard work on this.
- 2 Thanks again, we couldn’t have pulled this off without you.
- 3 Thank you, you’re amazing!
- 4 I’m so thankful for everything you bring to the table.
- 5 Thank you kindly.
- 6 Thanks a million.
- 7 Many thanks.