- 1 How do you say I Cannot speak French?
- 2 How do you say I speak a little French?
- 3 How do you respond to Do you speak French?
- 4 What is your name in French?
- 5 How do you ask are you French?
- 6 How do you say hi what are you doing in French?
- 7 What to say when someone asks you to say something in French?
- 8 What Pourquoi mean?
- 9 How do you say I can speak English and French in French?
- 10 How do I write my name in French?
- 11 What is your name in French to a friend?
- 12 What are common French surnames?
How do you say I Cannot speak French?
Say ” Je ne parle pas français. ” This means, “I do not speak French.” X Research source It is pronounced: “Juh nuh pahrl pah frahn-say” (French speakers often leave out the “ne” in a negative sentence, or more commonly, slide it into the first word like “zhun” instead of “juh nuh”.
How do you say I speak a little French?
je parle un petit peu français.
How do you respond to Do you speak French?
I think the most natural answer would be just to say ‘ Oui ‘. But if you wanted to expand, you could say ‘Oui. Je le parle’ or ‘Oui. Je parle français’.
What is your name in French?
If you’d like to say “What is your name?” in French, you generally have two options. To pose the question formally, you’d say “ Comment vous-appelez vous? Speaking informally, you can simply ask “Comment t’appelles-tu?”
How do you ask are you French?
Comment vas-tu: The awkward “how are you” “Comment vas-tu” is the “informal” version of “comment allez-vous” as indicated by the use of “tu”, the informal French “you”. However, it also uses the inversion way of asking questions which is considered formal.
How do you say hi what are you doing in French?
Hi, what are you doing? salut, tu fais quoi?
What to say when someone asks you to say something in French?
When someone asks you to “say something in French!”, what do you say? Je mange les petits enfants. Je vais l’utiliser que maintennant.
What Pourquoi mean?
A pourquoi story (“pourquoi” means “why” in French ), also known as an origin story, pourquoi tale or an etiological tale, is a fictional narrative that explains why something is the way it is, for example why a snake has no legs, or why a tiger has stripes. Many legends and folk tales are pourquoi stories.
How do you say I can speak English and French in French?
The French translation for “I speak English and French.” is Je parle l’anglais et le français..
How do I write my name in French?
Translation of “can write my name” in French I can write my name. Je peux écrire mon nom.
What is your name in French to a friend?
To ask someone their name, a stranger or someone older than you, ask, “Comment vous appelez-vous?”. When asking someone your own age, it’s “Comment tu t’appelles?” To answer, say ” Je m’appelle ” + Your Name.
What are common French surnames?
Popular French Last Names
- Lavigne. Pronunciation: La-veen-ye. Meaning: Vine.
- Monet. Pronunciation: Mon-ay.
- Blanchet. Pronunciation: Blan-shay.
- Garnier. Pronunciation: Gar-nee-yay.
- Moulin. Pronunciation: Moo-lan.
- Toussaint. Pronunciation: Too-san.
- Laurent. Pronunciation: Lor-onn.
- Dupont. Pronunciation: Dew-pon.