- 1 How do you say hey in French?
- 2 How do you say hey what’s up in French?
- 3 Can I say bonjour at night?
- 4 How do you respond to Ca va?
- 5 How do you say hello in a cute way?
- 6 What is the French greeting kiss called?
- 7 What is a typical French greeting?
- 8 What is the reply of whats up?
- 9 What’s your name in French?
- 10 What is á in French?
- 11 How do you greet someone in Paris?
- 12 When someone says Bonjour How do you respond?
How do you say hey in French?
Coucou – “Hey!”
How do you say hey what’s up in French?
Use the French slang quoi de neuf carefully. This French phrase translates into “what’s up?” and can be used as an informal greeting. As you might suspect from its English equivalent, quoi de neuf is slang and should also be reserved for friends and family.
Can I say bonjour at night?
” Bonjour “—The Most Common Greeting It’s a flexible, all-purpose term: You use it to greet people in the morning, afternoon, or evening. Bonjour is always polite, and it works in any situation.
How do you respond to Ca va?
As with English, French people tend to reply to Ça va? with a positive response – Bien, or Bien, merci – much the same way as we would use fine in English. The following responses are polite enough for a new acquaintance, but general enough for a good friend, too: Très bien, merci.
How do you say hello in a cute way?
Here are some cute ways to say hi:
- “Hey, cutie! How’s it going?”
- “Hey there, beautiful! What have you been up to so far today?”
- “Hey, lovely! How was your day?”
What is the French greeting kiss called?
PARIS—In cafés, in offices and almost everywhere in between, it has always been perfectly normal in France to greet people by touching their face with your face. La bise, as the customary double cheek kiss is known, is so deeply entrenched in French life that it is deployed as casually as a handshake.
What is a typical French greeting?
The most important French greetings include bonjour (hello), enchanté(e) (nice to meet you), bonsoir (good evening/hello), salut (hi), coucou (hey), Ça fait longtemps, dis donc (long time no see), Âllo (hello), Ça va? (how are you?), tu vas bien? (have you been well?), quoi de neuf? (what’s up?), au revoir!
What is the reply of whats up?
4 Answers. “What’s up” means “What’s happening.” I usually just reply ” nothing.” because nothing is happening to me. But, there are alternatives, such as the usual reply to a greeting: Not much.
What’s your name in French?
If you’d like to say “What is your name?” in French, you generally have two options. To pose the question formally, you’d say “ Comment vous-appelez vous? Speaking informally, you can simply ask “Comment t’appelles-tu?”
What is á in French?
The preposition à is generally summarized as ” to, at, or in,” but it has quite a few more meanings and uses than that. When à is followed by the definite article le or les, the two words must contract. le. les.
How do you greet someone in Paris?
When you meet someone in France, you have three options:
- Shake hands (with strangers)
- Faire la bise (kiss on the cheek) (friends, acquaintances and family members)
- Simply say “Bonjour” (hello, good morning) or “bonsoir” (good evening)
When someone says Bonjour How do you respond?
When someone greets you with, Bonjour!, you can simply reply with, Bonjour also. This basic form of hello can be used in any context, and with any