- 1 How do you greet someone in German?
- 2 What are 3 greetings in German?
- 3 What is Guten Abend?
- 4 What is considered rude in Germany?
- 5 Can you just say Morgen?
- 6 How do you count from 1 to 100 in German?
- 7 How do you respond to Guten Morgen?
- 8 What does Guten Tag?
- 9 Do Germans say Wie Gehts?
- 10 How do u say goodnight in German?
- 11 How do you respond to Danke?
- 12 What is Wie Gehts?
How do you greet someone in German?
“Guten Tag” (Good day) or “Hallo” (Hello) are the most common verbal greetings used in Germany. In the South, some people may say “Grüß Gott” (literally translating as ‘Greet God’). In formal situations, one should address another person with their title and last name, “Herr” (Mr.) for men and “Frau” (Mrs.)
What are 3 greetings in German?
- Hallo! Hello!
- Guten Morgen! Good morning!
- Guten Tag! Good day!
- Grüß Gott! Good day! (Used mostly in southern Germany and Austria)
- Guten Abend! Good evening!
- Auf Wiedersehen! Goodbye! ( formal)
- Tschüss! Goodbye! ( informal)
- Ciao! Goodbye! ( borrowed from Italian; popular with younger Germans)
What is Guten Abend?
The same English has two greetings to be used during the night period, “ good evening ” and “good night”, German has Guten Abend and Gute Nacht. Guten Abend means “good evening” and must also be used from dusk (around 6pm) until bedtime.
What is considered rude in Germany?
Germans are extremely punctual and well-mannered. Showing up late, losing your cool, or raising your voice are all considered rude and thoughtless. If you step out of line, don’t be surprised or offended if someone corrects your behavior, as this is very common in the German culture.
Can you just say Morgen?
So British people will often say “morning” as a short form of “good morning” but do Germans say ” morgen ” as a shortened “guten morgen “? Yes, it’s very common.
How do you count from 1 to 100 in German?
The Rest Of The Tens
- thirty — dreißig.
- forty — vierzig.
- fifty — fünfzig.
- sixty — sechzig.
- seventy — siebzig.
- eighty — achtzig.
- ninety — neunzig.
- one hundred — einhundert.
How do you respond to Guten Morgen?
Very often people just reply with the same thing that has been said to them. Guten Morgen, Franz! – Guten Morgen, Helmut! Good morning, Franz!
What does Guten Tag?
: good day: good afternoon: hello.
Do Germans say Wie Gehts?
The short version is: “Wie geht’s?” – the “wie ” means – how. “Geht” comes from “gehen” which means to go or to walk and the “ ‘s ” comes from “es” which means it. And the longer version is: “Wie geht es dir?” The “dir” means to you.
How do u say goodnight in German?
Gute Nacht is the most common and widely used expression to say “good night” in German. 3
How do you respond to Danke?
When someone says danke, the standard response is bitte. This normally means ‘please’, but within the context of responding to a ‘thank you’, it means ‘you’re welcome’. If instead they say danke schön, then you should reply by saying bitte schön.
What is Wie Gehts?
: how goes it?: how is it going? — used as a greeting.