- 1 What is SUP in German?
- 2 What are some German slang words?
- 3 How do you say awesome in German slang?
- 4 How do you respond to Ich liebe dich?
- 5 What are common German phrases?
- 6 Why do Germans say nah?
- 7 What is the longest word in German?
- 8 What’s the German word for boy?
- 9 What does ASI mean in German?
- 10 What do you call your boyfriend in German?
- 11 How do you say I love you in a cute way?
- 12 How can I speak fluent German?
What is SUP in German?
Translation of “‘Sup” in German. was geht.
What are some German slang words?
20 Everyday German Slang Words (So You Sound Like A Native)
- Alter! This is one of my favourite German expressions.
- Moin. Moin is the shortening of the phrase, “Guten Morgen” or good morning in parts of northern Germany.
How do you say awesome in German slang?
In English, we often say something is “amazing” or “awesome.” The German equivalent is Hammer, which is also a tool when used as a noun. The expression Hammer geil can be used to say how outstanding something is. Example: Der Film war der Hammer.
How do you respond to Ich liebe dich?
If you’re responding to someone who says “Ich liebe dich” — and if the feeling is mutual — you can either say “Ich liebe dich” or “Ich liebe dich auch” (“ I love you too ”) in return.
What are common German phrases?
10 common German phrases: the basics
- Hallo (Hello)
- Tschüss (Bye)
- Bitte (Please)
- Danke (Thanks)
- Entschuldigung (Excuse me)
- Sorry (Sorry)
- Formal: Können Sie mir helfen?; informal: Kannst du mir helfen? (Can you help me?)
- Formal: Sprechen Sie English?; informal: In Sprichst du Englisch? (Do you speak English?)
Why do Germans say nah?
instead of the usual Hallo, Moin or Servus, this is just another way of saying ‘ hello ‘, and it is best to spiegeln (mirror) your friend and reply with a friendly Na? or Na, wie geht’s? On its own, Na has very little meaning but, as it gains significance through its linguistic context, it can be a very useful particle.
What is the longest word in German?
At 80 letters, the longest word ever composed in German is ” Donaudampfschifffahrtselektrizitätenhauptbetriebswerkbauunterbeamtengesellschaft,” meaning, the “Association for Subordinate Officials of the Head Office Management of the Danube Steamboat Electrical Services.” But it’s a coinage of strung together more for
What’s the German word for boy?
Wiktionary: boy → Jungs, Kerl, Junge, Bursche, Bube, Knabe, Knappe, Boy, Matz. boy → Junge, Knabe.
What does ASI mean in German?
Asi m (genitive Asis, plural Asis) (colloquial, derogatory) chav (working-class person, typically associated with low education, aggressive behaviour, and/or vulgarity in lifestyle, clothing, and speech)
What do you call your boyfriend in German?
You don’t have to go to the end of the rainbow to find it, because “Schatz” is by far the most common German term of endearment. It’s popular among lovers and old married couples, but also used for children.
How do you say I love you in a cute way?
Cute Ways to Say “I Love You”
- I’m crazy about you.
- You’re my dream come true.
- You take my breath away.
- Since you’ve been around I smile a lot more than I used to.
- There is no one I’d rather steal blankets from.
- You’re my partner in crime.
- You look great today and every day.
- I’m jealous of people who get to see you every day.
How can I speak fluent German?
7 tips on speaking German fluently and confidently
- Listen in. Every good conversation starts with good listening.
- Learn the genders. German has three genders, so it’s important to learn nouns along with their gender.
- Hack your memory.
- Turn up the volume.
- Record yourself.
- Create a personal phrasebook.
- Speak up.