- 1 What word takes 3 hours to pronounce?
- 2 What is short for Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis?
- 3 What is the shortest word?
- 4 Is there a word with all 26 letters?
- 5 What is Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia?
- 6 What is the longest P word?
- 7 What are the 5 longest words?
- 8 Is Antidisestablishmentarianism a real word?
- 9 What is the hardest word to say?
- 10 Is Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious a real word in the dictionary?
- 11 What is the longest disease name?
What word takes 3 hours to pronounce?
You will be surprised to know that the longest word in English has 1, 89,819 letters and it will take you three and a half hours to pronounce it correctly. This is a chemical name of titin, the largest known protein.
What is short for Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis?
Due to the length of the word it is often abbreviated by language buffs to p45 (i.e. 45 characters). Pneumoconiosis is also a simplified medical description of the condition, and the UK public at large know it as black lung or silicosis.
What is the shortest word?
Eunoia, at six letters long, is the shortest word in the English language that contains all five main vowels. Seven letter words with this property include adoulie, douleia, eucosia, eulogia, eunomia, eutopia, miaoued, moineau, sequoia, and suoidea. (The scientific name iouea is a genus of Cretaceous fossil sponges.)
Is there a word with all 26 letters?
An English pangram is a sentence that contains all 26 letters of the English alphabet. The most well known English pangram is probably “The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog”. A perfect pangram is a pangram where each of the letters appears only once.
What is Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia?
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is one of the longest words in the dictionary — and, in an ironic twist, is the name for a fear of long words. Sesquipedalophobia is another term for the phobia.
What is the longest P word?
Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is a New Latin word made up of five parts. The combining form pneumono- means “lung.” The word ultramicroscopic refers to something so small that it can’t be seen by normal microscopes. Silica is a material often found in sand and flint.
What are the 5 longest words?
10 Longest Words in the English Language
- Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis (45 letters)
- Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious (34 letters)
- Pseudopseudohypoparathyroidism (30 letters)
- Floccinaucinihilipilification (29 letters)
- Antidisestablishmentarianism (28 letters)
- Honorificabilitudinitatibus (27 letters)
Is Antidisestablishmentarianism a real word?
We can’t put antidisestablishmentarianism in the dictionary because there’s hardly any record of its use as a real word. It’s only cited as an example of a long word—which is not the same thing.
What is the hardest word to say?
The Most Difficult English Word To Pronounce
Is Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious a real word in the dictionary?
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious is a nonsensical word that is sometimes used to describe something as being great or extraordinary. Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious is used especially by children and fans of Disney movies to describe something as being really good.
What is the longest disease name?
Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis, the longest word in the English dictionary, is a disease of which organ? Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is a type of lung disease that is caused by inhaling very fine volcanic ash and sand dust, according to the Oxford dictionary.