- 1 What is another word for Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia?
- 2 How do you say Hipopotomonstrosesquipedaliofobia?
- 3 What word takes 3 hours to say?
- 4 What is the meaning of llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch?
- 5 What is the rarest fear?
- 6 What is a Ninnyhammer?
- 7 What is the fear of fear called?
- 8 What is Megalohydrothalassophobia?
- 9 What are the 5 longest words?
- 10 What is the shortest word?
- 11 What is the hardest spelling bee word?
- 12 What is the hardest word to spell?
What is another word for Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia?
Sesquipedalophobia is another term for the phobia. The American Psychiatric Association doesn’t officially recognize this phobia. Instead, hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is considered a social phobia.
How do you say Hipopotomonstrosesquipedaliofobia?
hipopotomonstrosesquipedaliofobia Pronunciation. hipopo·tomon·stros·esquipedalio·fo·bi·a.
What word takes 3 hours to say?
You will be surprised to know that the longest word in English has 1, 89,819 letters and it will take you three and a half hours to pronounce it correctly. This is a chemical name of titin, the largest known protein.
What is the meaning of llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch?
The full name is Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, which was created—largely for promotional reasons, so its railway station would have the longest sign in the country—in the mid 1800s. It means “ The church of St. Mary in the hollow of white hazel trees near the rapid whirlpool by St.
What is the rarest fear?
Rare and Uncommon Phobias
- Ablutophobia | Fear of bathing.
- Arachibutyrophobia | Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth.
- Arithmophobia | Fear of math.
- Chirophobia | Fear of hands.
- Chloephobia | Fear of newspapers.
- Globophobia (Fear of balloons)
- Omphalophobia | Fear of Umbilicus (Bello Buttons)
What is a Ninnyhammer?
noun. a fool or simpleton; ninny.
What is the fear of fear called?
There’s also such a thing as a fear of fears ( phobophobia ). This is actually more common than you might imagine. People with anxiety disorders sometimes experience panic attacks when they’re in certain situations.
What is Megalohydrothalassophobia?
Parallel Phobias and Treatment And this one, in particular, is a relatively common phobia. Bathophobia (fear of depths), cymophobia (fear of waves), megalohydrothalassophobia ( fear of large underwater sea creatures and objects ), and aquaphobia (fear of water) may also evolve into thalassophobic reactions.
What are the 5 longest words?
10 Longest Words in the English Language
- Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis (45 letters)
- Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious (34 letters)
- Pseudopseudohypoparathyroidism (30 letters)
- Floccinaucinihilipilification (29 letters)
- Antidisestablishmentarianism (28 letters)
- Honorificabilitudinitatibus (27 letters)
What is the shortest word?
Eunoia, at six letters long, is the shortest word in the English language that contains all five main vowels. Seven letter words with this property include adoulie, douleia, eucosia, eulogia, eunomia, eutopia, miaoued, moineau, sequoia, and suoidea. (The scientific name iouea is a genus of Cretaceous fossil sponges.)
What is the hardest spelling bee word?
The 25 Toughest Winning Words Ever Spelled In The National Spelling Bee
- Albumen. Year: 1928. Pronunciation: al-BYOO-mun.
- Foulard. Year: 1931. Pronunciation: foo-LARD.
- Semaphore. Year: 1946. Pronunciation: SEM-uh-fohr.
- Insouciant. Year: 1951.
- Soubrette. Year: 1953.
- Schappe. Year: 1957.
- Smaragdine. Year: 1961.
- Esquamulose. Year: 1962.
What is the hardest word to spell?
Top 10 Hardest Words to Spell