- 1 How do you say Happy New Year in Vietnamese?
- 2 How do you say Happy New Year in Vietnamese 2021?
- 3 What is Chuc Mung Nam Moi?
- 4 What do you say on Tet?
- 5 What do you say to get Li Xi?
- 6 What do you say when you receive Li Xi?
- 7 How do you wish someone a happy new year?
- 8 How do you say Happy New Year in all languages?
- 9 Why is Tet so important?
- 10 What should we not do during Tet?
- 11 How long does Tet last in Vietnam?
How do you say Happy New Year in Vietnamese?
The traditional greetings are ” Chúc Mừng Năm Mới” (祝 , Happy New Year) and “Cung Chúc Tân Xuân”, (恭祝新春, gracious wishes of the new spring). People also wish each other prosperity and luck.
How do you say Happy New Year in Vietnamese 2021?
“Happy New Year” in Vietnamese
- Chúc mừng năm mới. This is the standard way of saying “Happy New Year” in Vietnamese, especially during your visit to others’ homes, or right after the countdown.
- Năm mới vui vẻ This is another common way of saying “Happy New Year” in Vietnamese.
What is Chuc Mung Nam Moi?
Translated from Vietnamese to English, this means “ Happy New Year!” Growing up in Alief where there was a Vietnamese-American presence, most all of my non-Viet friends knew this phrase. And today, I say it to you as it’s the New Year, according to the lunar calendar.
What do you say on Tet?
Give good luck wishes “Sức khỏe dồi dào” (Extremely good health) and “Tiền vô như nước” (Money coming in like water) are two of the most popular wishes shared among relatives and friends during the holiday. Practice the wishes and say them to everyone you meet with a big smile, in order to bring them good luck.
What do you say to get Li Xi?
Making Li Xi gift is often accompanied by the wishes for prosperity in the coming New Year. The most popular greeting is “ Năm mới tấn tài tấn lộc”. If you refer to a child, you may say “Chúc hay ăn chóng lớn”, which means “eat more and grow strong”.
What do you say when you receive Li Xi?
DO: Say “ Chuc Mung Nam Moi”, means “Happy New Year” when you meet someone. Give people good wishes. Give lucky money in the red envelopes (Li Xi) to those in close relationship, or offer some gifts related to luck.
How do you wish someone a happy new year?
“Here’s to a bright New Year and a fond farewell to the old; here’s to the things that are yet to come, and to the memories that we hold.” “May you have a prosperous New Year.” “Wishing you a happy, healthy New Year.” “May the New Year bless you with health, wealth, and happiness.”
How do you say Happy New Year in all languages?
Here’s how to say Happy New Year in different languages.
- French – Bonne Année.
- Spanish – ¡ Feliz Año Nuevo!
- Welsh – Blwyddyn Newydd Dda.
- Italian – Buon anno.
- German – Frohes Neues Jahr.
- Dutch – Gelukkig Nieuwjaar.
- Icelandic – Gleðilegt nýtt ár.
- Japanese (customary after midnight) – あけましておめでとう (Akemashite omedetou)
Why is Tet so important?
What is Tet Festival? The full name for Tet is Tet Nguyen Dan. It is the most important and widely celebrated public festival of the year in Vietnam. It is the occasion for Vietnamese to express their respects for ancestors as well as welcoming the lunar New Year with family members.
What should we not do during Tet?
I. Don’ts During Tet in Vietnam
- Avoid entering Vietnamese’ house on the 1st day of Lunar New Year without invitation.
- Avoid wearing black or white, go for red.
- Avoid negative topics.
- Avoid demanding money during Tet.
- Do not eat duck meat, squids, shrimps during Tet.
- Don’t take water and fire away from Vietnamese houses.
How long does Tet last in Vietnam?
Tet celebration in Vietnam starts on the 1st day of Lunar calendar and usually lasts for 3 days.