- 1 How do you say awesome in German slang?
- 2 What are some cool German words?
- 3 Do you say bad in German?
- 4 What is the most beautiful German word?
- 5 What is the most German word?
- 6 How do you yell in German?
- 7 Is dark a German word?
- 8 What are bad words in German?
- 9 What is a German spa called?
- 10 Is Zeitgeist a German word?
- 11 What German words are used in English?
- 12 What does the German word weltschmerz mean?
How do you say awesome in German slang?
In English, we often say something is “amazing” or “awesome.” The German equivalent is Hammer, which is also a tool when used as a noun. The expression Hammer geil can be used to say how outstanding something is. Example: Der Film war der Hammer.
What are some cool German words?
10 beautiful and memorable German words
- Sehnsucht. Amid different definitions, which vary from yearning, desire and/or craving, Sehnsucht is a feeling of longing for something unknown and indefinite.
Do you say bad in German?
How to say “Bad” in German ( schlecht )
What is the most beautiful German word?
Gemütlichkeit has been named “the most beautiful German word” of 2019, according to a vote of 850 German learners from 46 countries in the magazine “Deutsch Perfekt”. The term roughly translates to comfort, but also coins a unique feeling which also encompasses warmth and coziness.
What is the most German word?
At 80 letters, the longest word ever composed in German is “Donaudampfschifffahrtselektrizitätenhauptbetriebswerkbauunterbeamtengesellschaft,” meaning, the “Association for Subordinate Officials of the Head Office Management of the Danube Steamboat Electrical Services.” But it’s a coinage of strung together more for
How do you yell in German?
- Gekreisch, das ~ Noun.
- Schreien, das ~ Noun.
- Kreischen, das ~ Noun.
- Geschrei, das ~ Noun.
- Gebrüll, das ~ Noun.
- Zetergeschrei, das ~ Noun.
- Spektakel, der ~ Noun.
Is dark a German word?
Dark is a German show, so it was initially filmed with the actors speaking their native tongue. Netflix offers you the option of watching Dark with overdubbed audio in several languages, including English, Spanish, French.
What are bad words in German?
10 German Swear Words and Insults you Really Should Know
- Quatsch! /ˈkvatʃ/
- Donnerwetter! /ˌdɔnɐ’vɛtɐ/
- Depp! /dɛp/
- verdammt. /fɛɐ̯ˈdamt/
- Scheiße. /ˈʃaɪ̯sə/
- Halt deinen Mund! /halt ‘daɪ̯nən mʊnt/
- der Mist. /deːr ‘mɪst/
- Leck mich am Arsch! /lɛk mɪç am aʀʃ/
What is a German spa called?
The German equivalent for spa is Heilbad or ‘healing bath’ or Kurort which literally mean ‘cure place’. Any town in Germany can qualify and choose to use the prefix ‘Bad’ or bath before their town name i.e. Bad Soden.
Is Zeitgeist a German word?
In German, such a spirit is known as Zeitgeist, from the German words Zeit, meaning “time,” and Geist, meaning “spirit” or “ghost.” Some writers and artists assert that the true zeitgeist of an era cannot be known until it is over, and several have declared that only artists or philosophers can adequately explain it.
What German words are used in English?
Top 20 German words used in English
- Kindergarten. Kinder = children. Garten = garden.
- Iceberg = Eisberg. Eis = ice. Berg = mountain.
- Wunderkind. Wunder = wonder, miracle.
- Angst. Angst = fear.
- Uber- = über. über = above, beyond.
- Zeitgeist. Zeit = time.
- Doppelganger = Doppelgänger. Doppel- = double.
- Poltergeist. poltern = to rumble.
What does the German word weltschmerz mean?
The German language, which is filled with wonderful words, has the perfect term to summarize this melancholic feeling: weltschmerz, which translates to “ world weariness” or “world pain” (welt meaning world, schmerz meaning pain). Weltschmerz is essentially a symptom of a period of conflict, of transition.