- 1 What is the Spanish slang for good evening?
- 2 Is there a Spanish word for evening?
- 3 How do you greet someone in Spanish at 6pm?
- 4 How do you say good afternoon in Spanish Formal?
- 5 What do you say after Buenas noches?
- 6 How do you greet someone in the evening in Spanish?
- 7 Is 9pm an evening?
- 8 What are the Spanish numbers?
- 9 Is estoy bien formal?
- 10 How do you reply to Buenos dias?
- 11 What is the reply of Hola?
- 12 How do you respond to Como estas?
What is the Spanish slang for good evening?
Greeting Someone in the Evening. Say ” buenas noches” (boo-EHN-ahs noh-CHAYS). “Buenas” is derived from the adjective “bueno,” and “noches” is the plural form for the feminine noun meaning “night.” Together they are used similarly to “good evening” in English. However, it’s more commonly used as a greeting.
Is there a Spanish word for evening?
good evening! (early) ¡ buenas tardes!; (after sunset) ¡buenas noches!
How do you greet someone in Spanish at 6pm?
Buenas noches means “good evening” (as a greeting) starting around 6pm or “good night” (as a valediction). Hola is an informal greeting, “hi,” that you can use at any time of day.
How do you say good afternoon in Spanish Formal?
How to Say Good Afternoon in Spanish. If you want to say the phrase “good afternoon” in Spanish, you would say “ buenas tardes.” Like “hola” (hello), “buenos días” (good morning), and “buenas noches” (good evening), it’s one of the most useful greetings in the Spanish language.
What do you say after Buenas noches?
If you’re saying goodbye, goodnight, and see you tomorrow, you can tell someone Buenas noches. ¡Hasta mañana! Hasta means “until” and mañana means both “morning” or “tomorrow”, depending on context. So it can mean “Until the morning!” or “Until tomorrow!” in this case.
How do you greet someone in the evening in Spanish?
The Spanish language doesn’t have a dedicated word for “evening” so it uses “noche” to express both “evening” and “night”. While in English we use “good evening” to greet someone and “good night” to say goodbye to someone when it’s nighttime, the Spanish language uses “ buenas noches ” in both contexts.
Is 9pm an evening?
Evening is from 5:01 PM to 8 PM, or around sunset. Night is from sunset to sunrise, so from 8:01 PM until 5:59 AM.
What are the Spanish numbers?
These you do need to memorize, and the numbers from one to ten are as follows: uno (1), dos (2), tres (3), cuatro (4), cinco (5), seis (6), siete (7), ocho (8), nueve (9), and diez (10).
Is estoy bien formal?
Replying in formal situations To express that everything is going really well, and there is no need to give more details. A variant of estoy bien is todo bien (all good). It works perfectly in most contexts.
How do you reply to Buenos dias?
- votes. You also have the option of saying something like: ¿Qué pedo, güey? But as that might be on the order of “What up homie”, or “Wassup dude” or such, you might want to consider your audience before trying it.
- votes. “Gracias. Y a usted.” ” Y a usted igualmente.”
- votes. Hola, ¿Que tal? ¿Qué húbole?
What is the reply of Hola?
This phrase means “how are you?” and can be used not only to find out how somebody is feeling, but can also be used as a way to say hello. If in passing someone says “hola!” to you, it would acceptable to reply: “ como estas?” Bonito.
How do you respond to Como estas?
How do you answer if someone asks you, “¿Cómo estás?” or “How are you?”? The standard answer is probably ” Bien” (“Fine”) or “Muy bien” (“Very good”). Of course, both of those responses are often expanded: “Muy bien, gracias.