- 1 Is the Italian word for dog?
- 2 How do you say hot dog in Italian?
- 3 What does DOS mean in Italian?
- 4 What does Puntana mean in Italian?
- 5 What is an Italian house called?
- 6 What does Cane Corso mean in Italian?
- 7 What are hot dogs called in America?
- 8 How do you say hot dog in French?
- 9 How do you say hot dog in different languages?
- 10 What is another name for Italy?
- 11 What was Italy original name?
- 12 What are Italian nicknames?
- 13 What does putana mean in French?
- 14 What does putana mean in Portuguese?
Is the Italian word for dog?
The word for dog in Italian is cane (plural: cani), which is easy to remember as it sounds similar to the word canine.
How do you say hot dog in Italian?
“hot dog” in Italian
- hot dog.
- panino con würstel.
What does DOS mean in Italian?
[didiˈɛsse] masculine acronym. DOS (= Disk Operating System )
What does Puntana mean in Italian?
noun. [ feminine ] /pu’tːana/ vulgar. prostitute, whore. 5
What is an Italian house called?
Villa and villetta A villa is one of the most recognisable types of Italian homes. Another very typical type of Italian home that we’ve all encountered, villas are a popular choice for expats in Italy.
What does Cane Corso mean in Italian?
Cane is Italian for dog, and Corso relates to the Latin cohors, “ guardian.” Cane Corsos were so rare that they faced extinction until the breed was revived by enthusiasts in 1980s.
What are hot dogs called in America?
In the US, the term “hot dog” refers to both the sausage by itself and the combination of sausage and bun. Many nicknames applying to either have emerged over the years, including frankfurter, frank, wiener, weenie, coney, and red hot.
How do you say hot dog in French?
hot: chaud; chaleureux; passionnant; ardent; passionné; brûlant; excitant; chaleureuse; excité; lubrique; chaleureusement; sensuel; chaudement; lascif; lascive; lascivement; très intéressé dog: chien; chienne; toutou; dogue; chien mâle. Hot: Très intéressé
How do you say hot dog in different languages?
In other languages hot dog
- American English: hot dog /ˈhɑt ˌdɒɡ/
- Arabic: نَقَانِق
- Brazilian Portuguese: cachorro-quente.
- Chinese: 热狗
- Croatian: hot dog.
- Czech: párek v rohlíku.
- Danish: hotdog.
- Dutch: hotdog.
What is another name for Italy?
In this page you can discover 24 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for italy, like: Italia (Latin and Italian), country of the Latins, Italian people, Italian peninsula, italian-republic, italia, Italian boot, rome, poland, germany and sicily.
What was Italy original name?
Origin of the Name ‘Italy’ The name Italy (Italia) is an ancient name for the country and people of Southern Italy. Originally is was spelled Vitalia, probably from the same root as the Latin vitulus (a one-year-old calf), thus literally meaning ‘calf-land’ or “Land of Cattle”.
What are Italian nicknames?
Other Cute Italian Nicknames for Children
- cielo – “sky”
- sole – “sun”
- angioletto – “little angel”
- cocco/a – “sweetie”. Cocca di mamma means “Mommy’s girl”, cocco di papà is “Daddy’s boy”.
- coccolona – “cuddly”
- donnina – “little woman”
- ometto – “little man”
- mimmo/a – Tuscan spin of bambino.
What does putana mean in French?
Old French From pute with the suffix -ain, -aine, or from Vulgar Latin putta/*puttāna, from Latin puta ( “girl ”). Compare Old Occitan putan(a). The change of meaning from “girl” to “prostitute” is due to euphemism, a process that is well known to other periods and languages.
What does putana mean in Portuguese?
whore, harlot, strumpet, prostitute, hooker. More Portuguese Translations.