- 1 How do you get your iPhone to say message notification?
- 2 How do I get my messages to say iMessage on my lock screen?
- 3 Why won’t my iPhone notify me when I get a text?
- 4 How do I make my texts private?
- 5 How do I get notifications without Messages?
- 6 How do I only show message notifications on lock screen?
- 7 How do you get iPhone Messages to show only names?
- 8 Why am I not getting a notification when one person texts me?
- 9 Why do I have a text message notification but no message?
- 10 Why am I not getting my Notifications?
- 11 Can you hide a text message?
- 12 Does * 67 work for text messages?
- 13 How do I make my iPhone messages private?
How do you get your iPhone to say message notification?
Change message notifications on iPhone
- Go to Settings > Notifications > Messages.
- Choose options, including the following: Turn Allow Notifications on or off. Set the position and locations of message notifications. Choose the alert sound for message notifications. Choose when message previews should appear.
How do I get my messages to say iMessage on my lock screen?
Tap “Notifications.” You can use the Search bar at the top to find it as well.
- Open the Notifications tab in the Settings app.
- The default setting will show your message contents on the lock screen if notifications are enabled.
- Rather than reveal what the message itself says, the “Never” setting will hide the message.
Why won’t my iPhone notify me when I get a text?
Go to Settings > Notifications > Messages and verify that Show on Lock Screen is toggled on. For sound alerts, also check that Settings > Notifications > Messages > Sounds has an alert type selected and does not display None or Vibrate Only unless that’s the setting you want.
How do I make my texts private?
Open the Settings app on your Android device. Choose Apps & notifications > Notifications. Under the Lock Screen setting, choose Notifications on lock screen or On lock screen.
How do I get notifications without Messages?
Under Advanced settings, tap on “On the lock screen” to hide sensitive content or turn off lock-screen notifications entirely. This setting will now apply to just the Messages app. Many apps will let you control their notifications in the same way.
How do I only show message notifications on lock screen?
For more info, contact your device manufacturer.
- Open your phone’s Settings app.
- Tap Apps & notifications. Notifications.
- Under “Lock screen,” tap Notifications on lock screen or On lock screen.
- Choose Show alerting and silent notifications. On some phones, choose Show all notification content.
How do you get iPhone Messages to show only names?
Go to Settings, then Notifications, and tap on Messages.
- Scroll down to the bottom and you’ll see an option called Show Previews.
- Now when you get a text or iMessage from someone, you will only see the name of the person and not the message.
Why am I not getting a notification when one person texts me?
Your phone may not be on “Do Not Disturb,” but that conversation is – it’s a separate setting from your phone’s “Do Not Disturb” setting. Just go into that conversation -> Details -> toggle the Do Not Disturb switch and you should have your notifications back.
Why do I have a text message notification but no message?
If your Android is constantly notifying you of new or unread text messages that don’t exist, it’s usually due to your messaging app’s cached or saved data. Sometimes these issues will clear up automatically upon receipt of a new message, so try asking someone to send you a message first.
Why am I not getting my Notifications?
Cause of Notifications Not Showing up on Android Do Not Disturb or Airplane Mode is turned on. Either system or app notifications are disabled. Power or data settings are preventing apps from retrieving notification alerts. Outdated apps or OS software can cause apps to freeze or crash and not deliver notifications.
Can you hide a text message?
The most simple way to hide text messages on your Android phone is by securing it with a password, fingerprint, PIN or lock pattern. If someone can’t get past the lock screen they can’t access your text messages.
Does * 67 work for text messages?
The most well-known vertical service code in North America is *67. If you want to hide your number and make a private call, just dial *67 before entering the destination number you want to contact. But keep in mind that this only works for phone calls, not text messages.
How do I make my iPhone messages private?
How to Hide Text Messages on iPhone by Turning Off Message Preview
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap on Notifications.
- Scroll down and select Messages.
- Under Options, tap Show Previews.
- Now, tap Never.