- 1 What does Methionylthreonylthreonylglutaminylarginyl mean?
- 2 What word takes 3 hours to pronounce?
- 3 Is the longest word pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis?
- 4 What is the shortest word?
- 5 What is the hardest word to say?
- 6 What is Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia?
- 7 What is the longest F word?
- 8 Is Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious a real word in the dictionary?
- 9 Is there a word with all 26 letters?
- 10 What word takes 2 hours to say?
- 11 Is Antidisestablishmentarianism a real word?
- 12 What is the most beautiful word in the world?
- 13 How do you pronounce Floccinaucinihilipilification?
What does Methionylthreonylthreonylglutaminylarginyl mean?
LONGEST ENGLISH WORD:Methionylthreonylthreonylglutaminylarginyl… isoleucine (189,819 letters) If we’re talking chemistry, the longest chemical name is 189,819 letters long. It is the chemical name for titin, a giant filamentous protein essential to the structure, development, and elasticity of muscle.
What word takes 3 hours to pronounce?
You will be surprised to know that the longest word in English has 1, 89,819 letters and it will take you three and a half hours to pronounce it correctly. This is a chemical name of titin, the largest known protein.
Is the longest word pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis?
The longest word in any of the major English language dictionaries is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis, a word that refers to a lung disease contracted from the inhalation of very fine silica particles, specifically from a volcano; medically, it is the same as silicosis.
What is the shortest word?
Eunoia, at six letters long, is the shortest word in the English language that contains all five main vowels. Seven letter words with this property include adoulie, douleia, eucosia, eulogia, eunomia, eutopia, miaoued, moineau, sequoia, and suoidea. (The scientific name iouea is a genus of Cretaceous fossil sponges.)
What is the hardest word to say?
The Most Difficult English Word To Pronounce
What is Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia?
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is one of the longest words in the dictionary — and, in an ironic twist, is the name for a fear of long words. Sesquipedalophobia is another term for the phobia.
What is the longest F word?
Floccinaucinihilipilification Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com.
Is Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious a real word in the dictionary?
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious is a nonsensical word that is sometimes used to describe something as being great or extraordinary. Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious is used especially by children and fans of Disney movies to describe something as being really good.
Is there a word with all 26 letters?
An English pangram is a sentence that contains all 26 letters of the English alphabet. The most well known English pangram is probably “The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog”. A perfect pangram is a pangram where each of the letters appears only once.
What word takes 2 hours to say?
It’s the chemical name of Titin (or connectin), a giant protein “that functions as a molecular spring which is responsible for the passive elasticity of muscle.” If it’s your thing, you can listen to a guy pronounce the whole damn word. Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious this is not.
Is Antidisestablishmentarianism a real word?
We can’t put antidisestablishmentarianism in the dictionary because there’s hardly any record of its use as a real word. It’s only cited as an example of a long word—which is not the same thing.
What is the most beautiful word in the world?
The Top 10 Most Beautiful English Words
- 3 Pluviophile (n.)
- 4 Clinomania (n.)
- 5 Idyllic (adj.)
- 6 Aurora (n.)
- 7 Solitude (n.)
- 8 Supine (adj.)
- 9 Petrichor (n.) The pleasant, earthy smell after rain.
- 10 Serendipity (n.) The chance occurrence of events in a beneficial way.
How do you pronounce Floccinaucinihilipilification?
- PRONUNCIATION: (FLOK-si-NO-si-NY-HIL-i-PIL-i-fi-KAY-shuhn)
- MEANING: noun: Estimating as worthless.
- A THOUGHT FOR TODAY: