- 1 How do you describe your birthday in French?
- 2 How do you say when is your birthday?
- 3 What are the words to Happy Birthday in French?
- 4 How do you say happy birthday and best wishes in French?
- 5 How do you say happy birthday to a girl in French?
- 6 Who was born on or in?
- 7 Is it your birthday today grammar?
- 8 Do I have to give my date of birth?
- 9 How do you say happy birthday in simple words?
- 10 How do you say best wishes in French?
- 11 How do you say hi what are you doing in French?
- 12 How do you write a beautiful birthday message?
- 13 Can we say happiest birthday?
- 14 Do the French sing happy birthday?
How do you describe your birthday in French?
Bon anniversaire! This is a masculine-singular noun so to say “a birthday” you say “un anniversaire” and to say “the birthday” you say “l’anniversaire“. To say “Happy Birthday” you can say “joyeux anniversaire” or “bon anniversaire“. In French-speaking Canada you can say “bonne fête”.
How do you say when is your birthday?
Your date of birth will include the full year. As for prepositions, I think you have two options for answering “When is your birthday?”: 1) “It’s on January 22nd.” 2) “January 22nd.” Giving your date of birth, I would go with Ceremoniar’s suggestion- month, date, year- no introduction, no prepositions, no nothing.
What are the words to Happy Birthday in French?
So, “happy birthday” in French is pronounced like “ bonne anniversaire ” but it’s spelled “bon anniversaire”.
How do you say happy birthday and best wishes in French?
The Standard Ways to Say “Happy Birthday” in French
- Joyeux anniversaire! Happy Birthday!
- Bon anniversaire! Happy Birthday!
- Passe(z) un bon anniversaire. Have a good birthday.
- Passe(z) une merveilleuse journée. Have a wonderful day.
- Meilleurs vœux. Best wishes.
- Quel âge as-tu?
- Quel âge avez-vous?
How do you say happy birthday to a girl in French?
Joyeux anniversaire or bon anniversaire are the standard ways to wish someone happy birthday in French.
Who was born on or in?
If you are talking about the year, month or season then it should be: Born in. Example: I was born in 1980 (May, summer). If you are talking about day of the week or a holiday then it should be Born on. Example: I was born on Monday (Christmas day).
Is it your birthday today grammar?
Both sentences are grammatically wrong. “It was my birthday today” needs to be changed to “it is my birthday today”, and “Today was my birthday” needs to be changed to “Today is my birthday”. Birthdays last all day long, so you cannot say “was” until the next day has started.
Do I have to give my date of birth?
Many employers have chosen to stop asking for ages or dates of birth on application forms. However, although they must comply with data protection law in handling job applications, it is not automatically unlawful for employers to ask for this information.
How do you say happy birthday in simple words?
40 Ways to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
- Have a fabulous birthday!
- May all your wishes come true!
- Many happy returns of the day!
- Many more happy returns!
- I wish you a wonderful birthday!
- Have a great one!
- Have a good one!
- I hope you have a fantastic day and a fantastic year to come.
How do you say best wishes in French?
Best wishes! Joyeux Noël et Bonne Année!
How do you say hi what are you doing in French?
Hi, what are you doing? salut, tu fais quoi?
How do you write a beautiful birthday message?
- “I’m so grateful you came into the world because you make my world better every day.
- “Thanks for you being you and being mine.”
- “It’s your day, and I can’t wait to celebrate it with you.”
- “I hope your birthday is the happiest.”
- “Happy Birthday, Beautiful.”
- “Wish you were here for me to spoil today.”
Can we say happiest birthday?
In summary, stick to “happy birthday”, but be aware that on rare occasions – and, it seems, primarily in writing – people might use “happiest” to with someone a very happy birthday.
Do the French sing happy birthday?
Version #1: “Joyeux anniversaire” “Joyeux anniversaire” is the simplest and probably most commonly sung version of the French “Happy Birthday” song, and therefore the perfect one with which to start learning.