- 1 Is Oui pronounced WEE or way?
- 2 Do the French say oui oui?
- 3 What is YES in old French?
- 4 How do French people say wee wee?
- 5 What does OUI stand for?
- 6 Why do French say Mais oui?
- 7 What is Mais oui?
- 8 Why do the French say Si instead of oui?
- 9 Is Ouais rude?
- 10 What’s your name in French?
- 11 How do you say yes in a British accent?
- 12 How do you say no in Paris?
Is Oui pronounced WEE or way?
Basic Yes. Say “oui” for a simple “yes.” You can use this word in almost any circumstance, no matter how formal or informal it is. Pronounce this word by saying “wee.”
Do the French say oui oui?
Yes in French is “oui”.
What is YES in old French?
Borrowed from French oui (“yes”).
How do French people say wee wee?
wee-wee → pipi, zizi.
What does OUI stand for?
1: operating under the influence convicted of OUI [=convicted of operating a vehicle while under the influence of drugs or alcohol] an OUI charge. 2: one who is arrested for or convicted of OUI. 3: an arrest or conviction for OUI has two OUI’s on his record.
Why do French say Mais oui?
2. Mais oui! This expression means “yes” or “obviously.” It is a synonym of bien sûr! It is very informal, so beware.
What is Mais oui?
From French mais oui, lit. ‘ but yes ‘ from mais but + oui.
Why do the French say Si instead of oui?
One of the first words you learn in French is the word for “yes,” oui, but sometimes si can also mean “yes” (as it does in Spanish and Italian). However, si only means “yes” in a very specific context: when someone is contradicting a negative question or statement.
Is Ouais rude?
Ouais: the informal French yes – Ouais, j’habite à Paris. I’ve heard French teachers say it was vulgar.
What’s your name in French?
If you’d like to say “What is your name?” in French, you generally have two options. To pose the question formally, you’d say “ Comment vous-appelez vous? Speaking informally, you can simply ask “Comment t’appelles-tu?”
How do you say yes in a British accent?
Aye. This archaism is still used as the formal response meaning “yes” in the British House of Commons. It is also an accepted substitute for yea in a voice vote in the US House of Representatives.
How do you say no in Paris?
If you wish to expand your linguistic skills in French, read this lesson to learn how to say « no » in French.
- 1 – The traditional « non »
- 2 – « Oh non!
- 3 – « Malheureusement non »: « Unfortunately no »
- 4 – « Jamais de la vie!
- 5 – The polite no: « Non merci »