- 1 How do you say Turkey in Mexican?
- 2 What is Pavo Turkey called in Mexico?
- 3 What do Turkey say in Spanish?
- 4 How do you say Turkey in Salvadorian?
- 5 How do Puerto Ricans say Turkey?
- 6 What is the Aztec word for turkey?
- 7 Is Turkey common in Mexico?
- 8 What does a French cow say?
- 9 What is the Turkish name for Turkey?
- 10 What is Gobble Gobble in English?
- 11 How do you say Turkey in Nicaragua?
- 12 How do you say different countries in Spanish?
How do you say Turkey in Mexican?
In Spanish turkey is a very simple word to translate: pavo. But wait, there is more! Pavo is not the only word in Spanish for turkey. In Cuba you say guanajo, in Mexico guajolote and cócono, in Colombia pisco and finally in Guatemala chompipe.
What is Pavo Turkey called in Mexico?
The Nahua (Aztecs) called the wild turkey “huehxōlōtl” and the domesticated turkey “tōtolin.” In modern Mexican Spanish these have become “ guajolote” and “totole” (the latter less common), which are used interchangeably.
What do Turkey say in Spanish?
pavo (turkey) — gluglú
How do you say Turkey in Salvadorian?
She said a male turkey is called el chumpe and a female is la chumpa. She said everyone there understands “pavo” and “guajolote”, but chumpe is what’s most commonly used.
How do Puerto Ricans say Turkey?
This is how Thanksgiving turkey is done in Puerto Rico. It’s called pavochon, pavo meaning turkey and chon from lechon meaning pig, because it is seasoned like you would season a roast pig.
What is the Aztec word for turkey?
The Nahuatl (Aztec) word for turkey is huehxolotl.
Is Turkey common in Mexico?
Three subspecies of wild turkey (Meleagris gallopavo) are native to Mexico, and turkey remains were abundant at the site, known as Mitla Fortress.
What does a French cow say?
Cow – meuh Lorsqu’une vache mugit, elle dit meuh. – When a cow moos, she says ‘meuh’. Meuh is pronounced with a flat ‘e’ instead of the ‘oo’.
What is the Turkish name for Turkey?
Turkey adopted its official name, Türkiye Cumhuriyeti, known in English as the Republic of Turkey, upon the declaration of the republic on October 29 1923.
What is Gobble Gobble in English?
(Entry 1 of 2) transitive verb. 1: to swallow or eat greedily. 2: to take eagerly: grab —usually used with up.
How do you say Turkey in Nicaragua?
The generic word for turkey is pavo. But in Nicaragua as well as the northern countries that comprise Central America, the local word is chompipe.
How do you say different countries in Spanish?
The American Continent
- Canadá (kah-nah-DAH) is ‘Canada’
- Estados Unidos (ehs-TAH-dohs oo-NEE-dohs).
- México (MEH-hee-koh) is ‘Mexico’
- Belice (beh-LEE-seh) is ‘Belize’
- Guatemala (gwah-teh-MAH-lah)
- El Salvador (ehl sahl-bah-DOHR)
- Honduras (ohn-DOO-rahs)
- Nicaragua (nee-kah-RAH-gwah)