- 1 How do you sit in German?
- 2 What are some cool German words?
- 3 What does Plotz mean in German?
- 4 What is a good German name for a dog?
- 5 How do you say stay in German to a dog?
- 6 Do you have to speak German to a German shepherd?
- 7 Why are police dogs trained in German?
- 8 How do you say sit in French to a dog?
- 9 What is the most beautiful German word?
- 10 What is the most German word?
- 11 How do you yell in German?
How do you sit in German?
In German, the verb for sit is “ sitzen.” Master some common phrases using the word sit.
- To say sit down, say “setz dich” (zehts deekh).
- Bittzen setzen sie sich means please take a seat (bit-tsihn zeh-tsihn zee zeekh).
What are some cool German words?
10 beautiful and memorable German words
- Sehnsucht. Amid different definitions, which vary from yearning, desire and/or craving, Sehnsucht is a feeling of longing for something unknown and indefinite.
What does Plotz mean in German?
intransitive verb. Informal to be overcome with emotion; give way to excitement, anger, delight, etc. Origin of plotz.; from eastern; English Yiddish platsn, literally, to burst, explode; from Middle High German platzen.
What is a good German name for a dog?
100 German Dog Names
- 50 German Male Dog Names. Alger—noble, bright. Alfred—counselor. Arvin—friend to all. August—exalted, revered. Axel—peaceful. Bernard—brave as a bear. Bismarck—German statesman.
- 50 German Female Dog Names. Ada—noble, kind. Annika—graceful. Aubrey—noble. Beate—happy. Berta—intelligent, glorious. Britta—strength.
How do you say stay in German to a dog?
Stay: Bleib (blibe) Here/Come: Hier (hee-r) Heel: Fuss (foos) Fetch: Bring (pronounce like English word)
Do you have to speak German to a German shepherd?
If you can speak German, your German shepherd dog can learn it, too. German is a good language for giving dog commands, as the words are usually simple, short and easy to put some oomph into — use your “I mean it” voice. It doesn’t have to be loud, just clear and emphatic.
Why are police dogs trained in German?
It’s easier for the officer to learn a few German words than to retrain the dog with new commands. More often than not, Widdicombe said, a police dog serves as a deterrent to suspects who might otherwise go for a jog. “We always say the average speed of a German shepherd is 32 mph.
How do you say sit in French to a dog?
French Dog Training Commands
- English: French. (Pronunciation)
- Sit. Assis. (ah-see)
- Down. Couche. (koosh)
- Stand. Debout. (da-boo)
- Stay. Reste. (rest)
- Heel. Au Pied. (oh-pee-aye)
- Come. Ici. (ee-see)
- Speak. Aboie. (ah-bwaa)
What is the most beautiful German word?
Gemütlichkeit has been named “the most beautiful German word” of 2019, according to a vote of 850 German learners from 46 countries in the magazine “Deutsch Perfekt”. The term roughly translates to comfort, but also coins a unique feeling which also encompasses warmth and coziness.
What is the most German word?
At 80 letters, the longest word ever composed in German is “Donaudampfschifffahrtselektrizitätenhauptbetriebswerkbauunterbeamtengesellschaft,” meaning, the “Association for Subordinate Officials of the Head Office Management of the Danube Steamboat Electrical Services.” But it’s a coinage of strung together more for
How do you yell in German?
- Gekreisch, das ~ Noun.
- Schreien, das ~ Noun.
- Kreischen, das ~ Noun.
- Geschrei, das ~ Noun.
- Gebrüll, das ~ Noun.
- Zetergeschrei, das ~ Noun.
- Spektakel, der ~ Noun.