- 1 What are other ways to say Merry Christmas?
- 2 Is Merry Christmas OK to say?
- 3 Why do we say Merry Xmas?
- 4 How do you say Merry Christmas to a guy you like?
- 5 How long can you say Merry Christmas?
- 6 How do you say Merry Christmas like Yoda?
- 7 Is Xmas sacrilegious?
- 8 Why can’t we say Merry Christmas anymore?
- 9 Why don’t we say Happy Christmas?
- 10 Should you text a guy Merry Christmas?
- 11 What should I write in a Christmas card to my crush?
- 12 What do you text someone for Christmas?
What are other ways to say Merry Christmas?
- Merry Christmas.
- Happy Hanukkah.
- Joyous Kwanzaa.
- Yuletide Greetings.
- Happy holidays.
- Joyeux Noël.
- Feliz Navidad.
- Seasons Greetings.
Is Merry Christmas OK to say?
“ It’s considered politically correct to say Happy Holidays, so it’s just considered insensitive to say Merry Christmas to other people who aren’t from this country that don’t celebrate it,“ said senior Miguel Montano, Div. 022. “Merry Christmas” is a traditional saying that’s been around for centuries.
Why do we say Merry Xmas?
Xmas (also X-mas) is a common abbreviation of the word Christmas. The “X” comes from the Greek letter Chi, which is the first letter of the Greek word Christós (Greek: Χριστός), which became Christ in English. The suffix -mas is from the Latin-derived Old English word for Mass.
How do you say Merry Christmas to a guy you like?
5 Flirty Texts to Send Your Crush on Christmas
- “Was Santa Good to You This Year?”
- “I’ll Tell You My Christmas Wish If You Tell Me Yours”
- “Santa Called and Asked Me If You Were Good This Year.
- “I Asked Santa to Put You Under My Tree This Morning.
- “You Must Be Rudolph Because Just Thinking of You Makes My Day Brighter!”
How long can you say Merry Christmas?
The English regularised the putting up of Christmas decorations to around 13 Dec., so at least for the English (traditionally speaking) saying “Merry Christmas” is okay after 13 Dec.
How do you say Merry Christmas like Yoda?
How would Yoda say ‘Merry Christmas? ‘ Yoda would say, “ A Merry Christmas you must have.”
Is Xmas sacrilegious?
Sacrilegious, an adjective some have applied to the Xmas spelling, is easy to misspell. It looks as though it should be “sac-” plus the word religious, but it isn’t. Instead, according to the Online Etymology Dictionary, it comes from the Latin phrase sacrum legere: “to steal sacred things.”
Why can’t we say Merry Christmas anymore?
In the last few years, it has been seen as an offence! On one side are the politically correct who think that the expression “Merry Christmas” is too exclusionary. They believe we should not say “Merry Christmas” because it might offend those of different faiths, like Muslims or Jews or Hindus.
Why don’t we say Happy Christmas?
In the 17th century, Christmas was neither merry nor happy – it was illegal. Puritans in England and in America banned the holiday as licentious, a non-biblical holdover from pagan times. Christmas was to be a day of regular work and an occasion to remember God, not fill the belly.
Should you text a guy Merry Christmas?
Don’t wish him a Merry Christmas. Even though you’re sending out holiday texts to everyone, he’ll know the text isn’t casual. He’ll know it means you’ve been thinking about him for weeks.
What should I write in a Christmas card to my crush?
What to Write in a Christmas Card to a Boyfriend or Girlfriend
- All I want for Christmas is you!
- Merry Christmas to the person who lights me up like the brightest tree.
- Being with you is the best gift I could ever receive.
- Merry Kiss-mas, my love.
- You’re the most wonderful part of the most wonderful time of the year.
What do you text someone for Christmas?
Seasonal And Sweet Messages I hope Santa hasn’t let me down, because all I want for Christmas is you! 2. This time of year always makes me think of all the things in life I’m grateful for, and you are at the very top of that list. Merry Christmas, babe!