- 1 How do you express to want in French?
- 2 What do you want French?
- 3 How do you say I wish in French?
- 4 Is Vouloir etre or avoir?
- 5 What did you say in French?
- 6 What does Voulez vous mean in English?
- 7 What is your name in French?
- 8 What is the most beautiful French word?
- 9 How do you say best wishes in French?
- 10 What is pouvoir?
- 11 What do prendre mean in French?
- 12 What is Vouloir used for in French?
How do you express to want in French?
French translation of ‘want’
- (= desire, wish for) vouloir. Do you want some cake?
- (= need) avoir besoin de.
- if you want si vous voulez ⧫ si tu veux. “Can we go now?” – – “If you want.” « On peut y aller maintenant? » – – « Si tu veux. »
- what do you want? Qu’est-ce que vous voulez?
- (= should)
What do you want French?
The French translation for “What do you want?” is Que voulez-vous?. The French, Que voulez-vous?, can be broken down into 3 parts:”what; which” (que), “want; are wanting (2nd person plural)” (voulez) and “you (singular polite form and plural)” (vous).
How do you say I wish in French?
Answer and Explanation: To say, ”I wish” in French, you say, je souhaite, as in the phrase, Je souhaite que je puisse voyager chez mes parents.
Is Vouloir etre or avoir?
The French verb vouloir means “to want” or “to wish.” It is one of the 10 most common French verbs and you will use it just as much as avoir and être.
What did you say in French?
qu’est-ce que vous avez dit? More French words for what did you say? qu’est-ce que tu as dit?
What does Voulez vous mean in English?
“Voulez-Vous” (pronounced [vule vu] voo-lay-voo; French for ” Do you want? “) is a 1979 song by the Swedish group ABBA, written and composed by Benny Andersson and Björn Ulvaeus.
What is your name in French?
If you’d like to say “What is your name?” in French, you generally have two options. To pose the question formally, you’d say “ Comment vous-appelez vous? Speaking informally, you can simply ask “Comment t’appelles-tu?”
What is the most beautiful French word?
Here are the most beautiful French words
- Papillon – butterfly.
- Parapluie – umbrella.
- Paupiette – a piece of meat, beaten thin, and rolled with a stuffing of vegetables, fruits or sweetmeats.
- Romanichel – gypsy.
- Silhouette – silhouette.
- Soirée – evening.
- Tournesol – sunflower.
- Vichyssoise – from vichy. Masculine, noun.
How do you say best wishes in French?
Meilleurs Voeux! Best wishes! Joyeux Noël et Bonne Année!
What is pouvoir?
Pouvoir is a very common French verb with irregular conjugations and an unusual relationship to some of its English equivalents. * Pouvoir generally means “can” or “to be able,” but it’s a bit more complicated in certain tenses.
What do prendre mean in French?
VERB: Prendre (pron-druh) – to take.
What is Vouloir used for in French?
The irregular verb vouloir is a shoe verb in the present tense. Vouloir means “ to wish,” “to want,” or “will”: je veux. nous voulons.