- 1 What is the Elvish word for love?
- 2 What does Meleth Nin mean?
- 3 What does Vanimelda mean in Elvish?
- 4 What does Aragorn say to Legolas in Elvish?
- 5 What is the Elvish word for moon?
- 6 How do you say hi in Elvish?
- 7 How do you say kiss an orc in Elvish?
- 8 How do you write an Elvish script?
- 9 What is the Elvish word for Starlight?
- 10 What is Elvish fire?
- 11 What is a Vanima?
- 12 What Elvish does Aragorn speak?
- 13 Why did Aragorn not say Legolas fathers name?
- 14 Did Legolas ever marry?
What is the Elvish word for love?
Meleth is the noun for “love”; compare the difference between Quenya Mélan “I love” as a verbal expression with pronoun, and noun melmë “love”.
What does Meleth Nin mean?
Translation: My Love. My beautiful. The moon in my night.
What does Vanimelda mean in Elvish?
vanimelda adj., said to be “the highest word of praise for beauty”, with two interpretations that were apparently considered equally valid and simultaneously true: ” beautiful and beloved ” (vanima + melda, with haplology), i.e. “movingly lovely”, but also “elven-fair” (fair as an Elf) (vanima + elda).
What does Aragorn say to Legolas in Elvish?
Aragorn [to Legolas]: ‘ Thank you. ‘
What is the Elvish word for moon?
Ithil: a Sindarin word meaning “the moon” or “(full) moon”. The word can be found in Minas Ithil, Ithilien, and ithildin.
How do you say hi in Elvish?
In Quenya, general greetings and thanks include “namárië” (be well), “aiya” (hello), and “hara máriessë” (stay in happiness).
How do you say kiss an orc in Elvish?
Mîbo orch! (or Bado mîbo orch!) ….. Go kiss an orc!
How do you write an Elvish script?
- Direction of writing: left to right in horizontal lines.
- Tengwar is written is a number of different ways known as “modes”.
- Vowels are indicated by diacritics (tehtar) which appear above the consonant which precedes them (in Quenya mode) or above the consonant which follows them (in Sindarin mode).
What is the Elvish word for Starlight?
 Etymology Tolkien stated that ithildin is a Sindarin name, meaning “moon-star(light”), “moonlight” or “starlight”.
What is Elvish fire?
nár noun “flame”, also nárë (NAR1). Translated “fire” in some names, see Aicanár(o), Fëanáro (where nár apparently has the masculine ending -o added to it). According to PE17:183, nár- is “fire as an element” (a concrete fire or blaze is rather called a ruinë).
What is a Vanima?
Vanima is a genus of butterflies belonging to the family Nymphalidae.
What Elvish does Aragorn speak?
He also speaks Quenya, a.k.a. Valinorean, but that’s kind of like the 3rd Age version of Latin – an ancient revered language, but not one widely spoken or used day to day. In general, whenever a language in LotR is referred to as “Elven” or “Elvish” it means Sindarin.
Why did Aragorn not say Legolas fathers name?
It’s a funny, clever distortion of an important scene in the movie but it was never filmed that way and there would be no reason for Peter Jackson to edit the scene to look that way. So, no, Aragorn did NOT forget the name of Legolas’ father. The scene wasn’t written that way. He knew who Thranduil was in the story.
Did Legolas ever marry?
After the destruction of the One Ring and of Sauron, Legolas stayed for the coronation of Aragorn II Elessar and his marriage to Arwen.