Do Brits say hi?
‘ Of course they use hello, hi, hey, good morning, good afternoon and good evening. Don’t be worried about the greetings too much though; you can probably guess when someone’s saying hello even if it’s in an unusual way.
How do you greet a British?
A handshake is the most common form of greeting among the English and British people and is customary when you are introduced to somebody new. It is only when you meet friends, whom you haven’t seen for a long time, that you would kiss the cheek of the opposite sex. In Britain one kiss is generally enough.
How do you say hello slang?
Slang English Greetings
- Yo! This extremely informal greeting is common in America.
- Are you OK?, You alright?, or Alright mate? This casual way of asking both “hello” and “how are you” is common in Britain.
- Howdy! This is a very informal abbreviation of “how do you do?”
- Sup? or Whazzup?
- G’day mate!
Do British people say mate?
Mate (noun) So, ‘mate’ is British slang for a friend. But, like a lot of British slang, mate is a word that is used as much sarcastically as it is sincerely. You’re just as likely to call someone ‘mate’ when they’re your friend as when they’re annoying you.
How do Brits say good morning?
Bore da (bore-eh-dah) – Good Morning.
How do you say hi in a cute way?
Here are some cute ways to say hi:
- “Hey, cutie! How’s it going?”
- “Hey there, beautiful! What have you been up to so far today?”
- “Hey, lovely! How was your day?”
How do you say hi in London slang?
‘Hiya’ or ‘Hey up’ – these informal greetings both mean ‘hello’ and are especially popular in the north of England.
How do you reply to hi?
Answer a simple “hello” with a question. “How are you? ” is a popular way to respond and keep the conversation going. You may want to add a simple “hello” to your response just to acknowledge the person, like “Hi there!