- 1 How do you wish someone Happy Birthday in French?
- 2 How do you say Happy Birthday in French Canadian?
- 3 Does Bonne fete mean happy birthday?
- 4 What do you mean by Bon anniversaire?
- 5 How do you say happy birthday and best wishes in French?
- 6 Do the French celebrate birthdays?
- 7 What can I say instead of happy birthday?
- 8 How do you say best wishes in French?
- 9 How do you reply to Bonne fete?
- 10 How do you say happy birthday to a girl in French?
- 11 How do you say hi what are you doing in French?
- 12 What is mon Cherie?
- 13 What is mon ami?
- 14 What is merci beaucoup?
How do you wish someone Happy Birthday in French?
So, “happy birthday” in French is pronounced like “ bonne anniversaire ” but it’s spelled “bon anniversaire”.
How do you say Happy Birthday in French Canadian?
How do you sing happy birthday in French? In Canadian French, it is: Bonne fête à toi (x2), Bonne fête (insert name here), Bonne fête à toi. In France French, it is: Joyeux anniversaire (x4).
Does Bonne fete mean happy birthday?
Happy birthday! Good holiday! Usage notes: Bonne fête traditionally means “happy (name) day,” in reference to Saint’s days, also known as Feast days. For example, Saint Laura’s feast day is 19 October, so on that day someone might say bonne fête to me.
What do you mean by Bon anniversaire?
many happy returns (of the day) an expression of good wishes said to a person on his birthday. 5
How do you say happy birthday and best wishes in French?
The Standard Ways to Say “Happy Birthday” in French
- Joyeux anniversaire! Happy Birthday!
- Bon anniversaire! Happy Birthday!
- Passe(z) un bon anniversaire. Have a good birthday.
- Passe(z) une merveilleuse journée. Have a wonderful day.
- Meilleurs vœux. Best wishes.
- Quel âge as-tu?
- Quel âge avez-vous?
Do the French celebrate birthdays?
Birthdays in France resemble American birthdays in many ways, but there are some small differences. A cake or other sweet treat is always part of the celebration, as are presents, and the singing of Happy Birthday in French.
What can I say instead of happy birthday?
Other Ways to Say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
- Have a fabulous birthday!
- May all your wishes come true!
- Many happy returns of the day!
- Many more happy returns!
- I wish you a wonderful birthday!
- Have a great one!
- Have a good one!
- I hope you have a fantastic day and a fantastic year to come.
How do you say best wishes in French?
Meilleurs Voeux! Best wishes! Joyeux Noël et Bonne Année!
How do you reply to Bonne fete?
One to thank the person for wishing you a good day, the other to wish this person a good day as well. However, ” Merci” or “A vous aussi” or “Bonne journée” would work fine too!
How do you say happy birthday to a girl in French?
Joyeux anniversaire or bon anniversaire are the standard ways to wish someone happy birthday in French.
How do you say hi what are you doing in French?
Hi, what are you doing? salut, tu fais quoi?
What is mon Cherie?
Quick Meme. The expression mon chéri remains common in French today. Sometime in in the mid-1800s, cheri (usually without the accent) entered English for “a sweet young woman.” Mon cheri to mean “my darling” or “my sweetheart” appears in English-language publications around that time to reflect the speech of French.
What is mon ami?
Translation of “mon ami” in English. Noun. Adverb. my friend.
What is merci beaucoup?
: thank you very much.