- 1 How do you say good afternoon in Chinese Cantonese?
- 2 How do you respond to good afternoon in Chinese?
- 3 How do you respond to good morning in Chinese?
- 4 Can a Cantonese speaker understand Mandarin?
- 5 Which is harder Cantonese or Mandarin?
- 6 What do the Chinese say Namaste?
- 7 What is ni hao ma answer?
- 8 What can I say instead of good morning?
- 9 How do you say good afternoon differently?
- 10 How old is Chinese?
- 11 How do I learn Chinese?
- 12 How do you say thank you in Mandarin phonetically?
- 13 How do you write ZAO an in Mandarin?
How do you say good afternoon in Chinese Cantonese?
午安 is equivalent to “good afternoon” in English, with 午 suggesting “noon” and 安 suggesting “good.” However, we seldom use 午安 in daily conversations nowadays, not even in formal settings.
How do you respond to good afternoon in Chinese?
“早! 下午好(xià wǔ hǎo) Good afternoon. 晚上好(wǎn shàng hǎo) Good evening. The best response is to repeat the greeting given to you.
How do you respond to good morning in Chinese?
In addition to its literal meaning, 早 can be a colloquial way of saying “good morning.” It’s simple but very friendly. And you could receive an even more amiable reply from your Chinese counterparts, such as 早! 早! 早!
Can a Cantonese speaker understand Mandarin?
No, they are completely different languages. Although Cantonese and Mandarin have many similarities, they are not mutually intelligible. This means that, presuming one has no significant exposure or training, a speaker of Mandarin will understand little to nothing of Cantonese and vice-versa.
Which is harder Cantonese or Mandarin?
Mandarin is easier to learn Cantonese is seen to be more difficult because it has from 6 to 9 tones, each of which signify different things (while Mandarin only has 4 tones). In addition, because of its greater prevalence, it is easier to find Mandarin study materials than Cantonese study materials.
What do the Chinese say Namaste?
嗨 | Hāi | Hi! 嗨, or “hāi” in pīnyīn, is an informal greeting used by young people in urban areas to greet friends and other people around their age. It’s actually a loanword from English and is simply the Chinese form of the English greeting “hi.”
What is ni hao ma answer?
But how you respond people when they say to you “Ni hao ma?” (how are you?); It is pretty easy, just say ” Wo Hen Hao” (I am very good), Wo = I, Hen = Very, Hao = Good.
What can I say instead of good morning?
synonyms for good morning
- buenos dias.
- good morrow.
How do you say good afternoon differently?
Other Ways to Say “Good Afternoon” in Formal and Informal
- “Hi Everyone”
- “Hi friend(s)”
How old is Chinese?
It has a recorded history of nearly 5,000 years. In 1700-1046 BC the first Chinese state recorded the uniting of North Central China during the Shang Dynasty. After the Shang Dynasty in 1045 CA – 700 BC the Zhou Dynasty took over with more dominant force to over.
How do I learn Chinese?
How to Learn Chinese: My Top 6 Tips
- Listen to Mandarin as Often as Possible.
- Devote Time to Memorizing Characters.
- Recognize Patterns Rather than Rules.
- Read More than You Can Handle.
- Get the Rhythm of the Language to Master the Tones.
- Speak a lot and Don’t Second Guess Yourself.
How do you say thank you in Mandarin phonetically?
Thank you in Chinese is ‘ 谢谢’ — pronounced xièxiè. It is the most common way to express gratitude.
How do you write ZAO an in Mandarin?
zao an: Good morning!: zǎo ān | Definition | Mandarin Chinese Pinyin English Dictionary | Yabla Chinese.