- 1 How do you speak French words?
- 2 What are some cool French words?
- 3 Is French hard to learn?
- 4 Why is French so hard to pronounce?
- 5 What are some French sayings?
- 6 What’s your name in French?
- 7 How can I learn French quickly?
- 8 What is French word for girl?
- 9 What are pretty words?
- 10 What is a pretty French word?
How do you speak French words?
Build your confidence up by starting with some basic words and phrases to start building your French word bank:
- Bonjour = Hello, Good morning.
- Au revoir = Goodbye.
- Oui = Yes.
- Non = No.
- Merci = Thank you.
- Merci beaucoup = Thank you very much.
- Fille = Girl.
- Garçon = Boy.
What are some cool French words?
Here are the most beautiful French words
- Argent – silver. Argent is used in English too to refer to something silver and shiny.
- Atout – asset. Masculine, noun.
- Arabesque – in Arabic fashion or style. Feminine, noun.
- Bijoux – jewelry. Masculine, noun.
- Bisous – kisses. Masculine, noun.
- Bonbon – candy.
- Brindille – twig.
- Câlin – hug.
Is French hard to learn?
The FSI scale ranks French as a “category I language”, considered as “more similar to English”, as compared to categories III and IV “hard” or “super-hard languages”. According to the FSI, French is one of the easiest languages to learn for a native English speaker.
Why is French so hard to pronounce?
The French language tends to be difficult to pronounce at first because there are simply sounds that native English speakers aren’t used to making. To begin with, French is more evenly stressed. This means that while some parts of a word are stressed, it’s not as distinct as in English.
What are some French sayings?
9 Beautiful French Proverbs That Will Impress
- “Qui vivra verra”
- 2. “
- “Chacun voit midi à sa porte”
- “Mieux vaut prévenir que guérir”
- “Petit a petit, l’oiseau fait son nid”
- 6. “
- “Qui n’avance pas, recule”
- “Quand on a pas ce que l’on aime, il faut aimer ce que l’on a”
What’s your name in French?
If you’d like to say “What is your name?” in French, you generally have two options. To pose the question formally, you’d say “ Comment vous-appelez vous? Speaking informally, you can simply ask “Comment t’appelles-tu?”
How can I learn French quickly?
10 Ways to Memorize French Vocabulary Fast
- Get to the Roots. Memorize words that share the same root at the same time.
- Know Your Cognates.
- Practice With Your Textbook.
- Three Is a Magic Number.
- Listen and Repeat.
- Use It in a Sentence.
- Make Associations.
- Word of the Day.
What is French word for girl?
The word for girl in French is fille. According to French rules of grammar, fille is — not surprisingly — a feminine word.
What are pretty words?
Synonyms for Beautiful
What is a pretty French word?
Gorgeous French Words That Mean Beautiful Just like in the English language, there are many ways to say “beautiful” in French. attrayant (masculine adjective) – attractive. belle (feminine adjective) – beautiful. charmante (feminine adjective) – charming or lovely. éblouissante (feminine adjective) – dazzling.