- 1 What is kirei in Japanese?
- 2 What does Utsukushī mean?
- 3 What is the most beautiful Japanese word?
- 4 Does kawaii mean pretty?
- 5 What is chotto?
- 6 What does Sodeska mean?
- 7 What is Natsukashii?
- 8 What is Subarashii?
- 9 How do you call a beautiful girl in Japanese?
- 10 What are some cute words?
- 11 What are cute Japanese words?
- 12 What is Baka in Japanese?
- 13 What does Chan mean?
- 14 What desu means?
What is kirei in Japanese?
pretty; lovely; beautiful. Learn Japanese vocabulary: 綺麗 【きれい】(kirei). Meaning: pretty; lovely; beautiful.
What does Utsukushī mean?
Updated May 25, 2019. The Japanese word utsukushii means ” beautiful, “pretty,” “lovely,” “fine,” “handsome,” “good-looking,” or “charming.” (Click on the link here and below to hear the correct pronunciation of the word or phrase.) It is written in Japanese characters, or kanji, as: 美しい （うつくしい）
What is the most beautiful Japanese word?
12 Beautiful Japanese Words You Have to Know
- Shinrinyoku (森林浴) You know that moment you walk through a forest and all of the natural, green light goes over you?
- Ikigai (生きがい)
- Itadakimasu (いただきます)
- Natsukashii (懐かしい)
- Wabi-Sabi (侘寂)
- Kanbina (甘美な)
- Mono-no-aware (物の哀れ)
- Furusato (ふるさと)
Does kawaii mean pretty?
Kawaii (Japanese: かわいい or 可愛い, IPA: [kaɰaiꜜi]; ‘ lovely ‘, ‘loveable’, ‘ cute ‘, or ‘adorable’) is the culture of cuteness in Japan. The cuteness culture, or kawaii aesthetic, has become a prominent aspect of Japanese popular culture, entertainment, clothing, food, toys, personal appearance, and mannerisms.
What is chotto?
Chotto means ‘a little’. It’s a Japanese word often used when requesting something.
What does Sodeska mean?
It’s same as そっか or そうなんだ it seems like “ok ” or “aha” when you understand the meaning.
What is Natsukashii?
Natsukashii is a Japanese word used when something evokes a fond memory from your past. But natsukashii – which derives from the verb “natsuku”, which means “to keep close and become fond of” – indicates joy and gratitude for the past rather than a desire to return to it.
What is Subarashii?
Subarashii means splendid; glorious; excellent; or superb.
How do you call a beautiful girl in Japanese?
Bijin (美人) is a Japanese term which literally means “a beautiful person” and is synonymous with bijyo (美女, “beautiful woman”).
What are some cute words?
- endearing, adorable, lovable, sweet, lovely, appealing, engaging, delightful, dear, darling, winning, winsome, charming, enchanting.
- attractive, pretty, as pretty as a picture.
- Scottish, Northern English bonny.
- informal cutesy, dinky, twee, pretty-pretty, adorbs.
What are cute Japanese words?
Here are some cute Japanese words for you to start learning.
- かわいい (kawaii) or Cute. This is one you’ve probably heard quite a bit: かわいい.
- きれい (kirei) or Pretty.
- くらくら (kurakura) or Dizzy.
- ときどき (tokidoki) or Sometimes.
- ねこ (neko) or Cat.
- にこにこ (nikoniko) or Smile.
- あたらしい (atarashii) or New.
- たのしい (tanoshi) or Fun.
What is Baka in Japanese?
Baka is a Japanese word that means “ crazy,” “foolish,” or downright “stupid.” It can also be used as a noun for “a fool” or “a crazy or stupid person.” Anime and manga fans in the West have adopted the use of baka as a (usually joking) insult.
What does Chan mean?
Chan (ちゃん) expresses that the speaker finds a person endearing. In general, -chan is used for young children, close friends, babies, grandparents and sometimes female adolescents. It may also be used towards cute animals, lovers, or a youthful woman. Chan is not usually used for strangers or people one has just met.
What desu means?
What does desu mean? Desu is a polite Japanese linking verb meaning “to be ” as well other forms of the verb. Western fans of anime and manga sometimes add it to the end of sentences to sound cute and imitate Japanese.