- 1 How do you respond to Danke in German?
- 2 How do you respond to thank you in German?
- 3 Is Danke rude?
- 4 How do you say you’re welcome?
- 5 How do you say thank you in a good way?
- 6 What is the meaning of Danke Schoen?
- 7 What’s banned in Germany?
- 8 How do you say thank you politely?
- 9 How do you respond to Guten Morgen?
- 10 What do you reply to Wie Gehts?
- 11 How are you all German?
How do you respond to Danke in German?
When someone says danke, the standard response is bitte. This normally means ‘please’, but within the context of responding to a ‘thank you’, it means ‘you’re welcome’. If instead they say danke schön, then you should reply by saying bitte schön.
How do you respond to thank you in German?
Now that you know how to offer a heartfelt thanks when the time comes, let’s learn how to respond when people extend that gratitude to you.
- Bitte — You’re welcome.
- Bitte schön / Bitte sehr — You’re very welcome.
- Gern geschehen / Gerne — Done gladly.
- Nichts zu danken — Nothing to thank for.
- Kein Problem — No problem.
Is Danke rude?
“Danke”/”Bitte” is perfectly fine. It’s neither rude or weird, just less enthusiastic and a bit less formal than the longer forms.
How do you say you’re welcome?
Here are a few more ways to say “You’re welcome” in English.
- You got it.
- Don’t mention it.
- No worries.
- Not a problem.
- My pleasure.
- It was nothing.
- I’m happy to help.
- Not at all.
How do you say thank you in a good way?
Other Ways to Say “Thank You So Much” and “Thank You Very Much” in Writing
- 1 Thank you for all your hard work on this.
- 2 Thanks again, we couldn’t have pulled this off without you.
- 3 Thank you, you’re amazing!
- 4 I’m so thankful for everything you bring to the table.
- 5 Thank you kindly.
- 6 Thanks a million.
- 7 Many thanks.
What is the meaning of Danke Schoen?
: thank you very much.
What’s banned in Germany?
10 Strange German Laws (Fact vs. Fiction)
- It’s illegal to run out of fuel on the Autobahn.
- It’s forbidden to work in an office without window.
- It’s forbidden to tune the piano at midnight.
- It’s forbidden to keep urns at home.
- It’s illegal to hang the laundry on Sunday.
How do you say thank you politely?
These general thank-you phrases can be used for all personal and professional communications:
- Thank you so much.
- Thank you very much.
- I appreciate your consideration/guidance/help/time.
- I sincerely appreciate ….
- My sincere appreciation/gratitude/thanks.
- My thanks and appreciation.
- Please accept my deepest thanks.
How do you respond to Guten Morgen?
Very often people just reply with the same thing that has been said to them. Guten Morgen, Franz! – Guten Morgen, Helmut! Good morning, Franz!
What do you reply to Wie Gehts?
The following are acceptable answers to the question Wie geht es Ihnen? (How are you?): Danke, gut. (dân-ke, gooht.) (Thanks, I’m fine.) or Gut, danke.
How are you all German?
Wie geht es Ihnen allen? How are you all doing? The question “wie geht es Ihnen allen?” is mostly used in a formal context. If you address more than one person formally, you use the formal form “Ihnen”.