- 1 How do you say words in German?
- 2 How do you say basic words in German?
- 3 How do you speak German words?
- 4 Is German difficult to pronounce?
- 5 What is the hardest word to say?
- 6 What is the hardest language to learn?
- 7 How is ß pronounced?
- 8 What is the best German word?
- 9 Do Germans really say Stardenburdenhardenbart?
- 10 What is the longest German word?
- 11 What is the hardest German word?
- 12 What can’t Germans pronounce?
- 13 What is the most difficult English word?
How do you say words in German?
Here’s how to say a few basic German phrases.
- Guten Tag = Good morning.
- Hallo = Hello.
- Ich heiße … = My name is …
- Sprechen Sie Englisch? = Do you speak English?
- Wie heißt du? = What’s your name?
- Wie geht es dir? = How are you?
- Gut, danke = Fine, thank you.
- Nett, Sie kennen zu lernen = Nice to meet you.
How do you say basic words in German?
Basic German Words Every Traveler Should Know
- Yes – Ja (yah)
- No – Nein (nine)
- Thank you – Danke ( DAHN-kuh – not like the very popular Wayne Newton song)
- Please and You’re welcome – Bitte (BITT-uh)
- Excuse me – Entschuldigen Sie (ent-SHOOL-degen see)
- I’m sorry – Es tut mir leid (ehs toot meer lite)
- Where? – Wo? (Vo?)
How do you speak German words?
The benefits of learning the most common German words first
- Hallo = Hello. Let’s naturally start with “Hallo” which means “Hello” in German.
- Liebe = Love. Love is a universal feeling and we definitely had to talk about it here.
- Glück = Happiness.
- Katze = Cat.
- Hund = Dog.
- Lächeln = Smile.
- Deutscher = German.
- Ja = Yes.
Is German difficult to pronounce?
The German language has a reputation for being hard to pronounce, but, to be fair, it’s somewhat undeserved. It might sound strange at first, but German has very consistent rules of spelling and pronunciation.
What is the hardest word to say?
The Most Difficult English Word To Pronounce
What is the hardest language to learn?
8 Hardest Languages to Learn In The World For English Speakers
- Mandarin. Number of native speakers: 1.2 billion.
- Icelandic. Number of native speakers: 330,000.
- 3. Japanese. Number of native speakers: 122 million.
- Hungarian. Number of native speakers: 13 million.
How is ß pronounced?
A double ‘s’ (written ‘ss’ or ‘ß’) is always pronounced as an unvoiced English ‘s’ in words such as ‘seal’ or ‘self’. This sound is written ‘ss’ when the preceding vowel in a word is short.
What is the best German word?
10 beautiful and memorable German words
- Sehnsucht. Amid different definitions, which vary from yearning, desire and/or craving, Sehnsucht is a feeling of longing for something unknown and indefinite.
Do Germans really say Stardenburdenhardenbart?
The overwhelming response came from the German call “Stardenburdenhardenbart”. According to Urban Dictionary, the word has many different meanings. Stardenburdenhardenbart is originated from Germany. It has many versions, but this one can mean a lot of things for example “I love you” “hey” “look at me” “come here”.
What is the longest German word?
At 80 letters, the longest word ever composed in German is ” Donaudampfschifffahrtselektrizitätenhauptbetriebswerkbauunterbeamtengesellschaft,” meaning, the “Association for Subordinate Officials of the Head Office Management of the Danube Steamboat Electrical Services.” But it’s a coinage of strung together more for
What is the hardest German word?
10 Difficult German Words and How to Pronounce Them
- Eichhörnchen (Squirrel)
- Streichholzschachtel (Box of matches)
- Freundschaftsbeziehungen (Friendship relations)
- Rührei (Scrambled eggs)
- Arbeitslosigkeitsversicherung (Unemployment insurance)
- Röntgen (X-ray)
- Quietscheentchen (Rubber duck)
- Tschechien (Czechia)
What can’t Germans pronounce?
10 German words non-Germans can’t pronounce
- Streichholzschächtelchen. German is world-famous for its unbelievably long compound words.
What is the most difficult English word?
7 most difficult English words that will let you forget what you wanted to say