- 1 What is the response to Danke Schoen?
- 2 What is the formal way of saying thank you in German?
- 3 What is a Danke?
- 4 How do you say thank you very much officially?
- 5 Why do Germans say bitte?
- 6 How do you say thank?
- 7 How do you say thank you casually?
- 8 Does Danke Schoen mean?
- 9 What is the difference between Danke and Danke Schoen?
- 10 What does the German word Schoen mean?
- 11 What to write in a heartfelt thank you note?
- 12 How do you express gratitude in writing?
What is the response to Danke Schoen?
When someone says danke, the standard response is bitte. This normally means ‘please’, but within the context of responding to a ‘thank you’, it means ‘you’re welcome’. If instead they say danke schön, then you should reply by saying bitte schön.
What is the formal way of saying thank you in German?
1. Danke — Thank you / Thanks. It’s not rude to use it even with people you’re less familiar with, but it doesn’t hurt to use a formal pronoun for them and say something like Ich danke Ihnen (I thank you).
What is a Danke?
The easiest and most common way to say thank you in German is “danke” (DAHN-keh).
How do you say thank you very much officially?
These general thank-you phrases can be used for all personal and professional communications:
- Thank you so much.
- Thank you very much.
- I appreciate your consideration/guidance/help/time.
- I sincerely appreciate ….
- My sincere appreciation/gratitude/thanks.
- My thanks and appreciation.
- Please accept my deepest thanks.
Why do Germans say bitte?
When Germans use bitte to mean “go ahead,” they’re often approving an action. It’s a bit like asking, “May I?” in English and then replying, “Please do.”
How do you say thank?
Other ways to say thank you in any occasion
- I appreciate what you did.
- Thank you for thinking of me.
- Thank you for your time today.
- I value and respect your opinion.
- I am so thankful for what you did.
- I wanted to take the time to thank you.
- I really appreciate your help. Thank you.
- Your kind words warmed my heart.
How do you say thank you casually?
Say Thank You in English — Casual Situations
- Thank you. / Thanks so much. / Thanks a lot. / Thanks a bunch. / Thanks a ton. / Thanks!
- I really appreciate it. / You shouldn’t have.
- I don’t know what to say! / That’s very kind.
- You’re the best. / I owe you one. / You rock.
Does Danke Schoen mean?
: thank you very much.
What is the difference between Danke and Danke Schoen?
You can think of danke as being more like “thanks / thank you” and danke schön as more like ” thank you very much ” in English, while vielen Dank is closer to the English “many thanks” (although it can be translated as a more formal “thank you very much” as well).
What does the German word Schoen mean?
Schön is a German surname, which means handsome or beautiful, from the Middle High German schoene, meaning “beautiful”, “friendly”, “nice”. Schon means “already” and “yet”. Alternative spellings include Schon and Schoen.
What to write in a heartfelt thank you note?
- “You’re the best.”
- “I’m humbled and grateful.”
- “You knocked me off my feet!”
- “My heart is still smiling.”
- “Your thoughtfulness is a gift I will always treasure.”
- “Sometimes the simplest things mean the most.”
- “The banana bread was fabulous. You made my day.”
- “I’m touched beyond words.”
How do you express gratitude in writing?
8 Creative Ways to Express Gratitude
- 1 Show a little enthusiasm. There’s nothing wrong with a little hyperbole.
- 2 Vary your vocabulary.
- 3 Get specific.
- 4 Make it public.
- 5 Share a list of your favorite things about them.
- 6 Write them a handwritten letter.
- 7 Give them extra encouragement.
- 8 Get deep.