- 1 How do you say love of my life in Jamaican?
- 2 How do you say sweetheart in Jamaican?
- 3 How do Jamaicans greet each other?
- 4 What is the Jamaican word for beautiful?
- 5 How do you say love in Jamaican?
- 6 How do you keep a Jamaican man interested?
- 7 How do you tell if a Jamaican man loves you?
- 8 What do you call a Jamaican boyfriend?
- 9 How do u say hello in Jamaican?
- 10 How do Jamaicans say goodbye?
- 11 How do you say see you soon in Jamaican?
- 12 What does Gyal mean?
- 13 How do you say fart in Jamaican?
- 14 What is Rasclat?
How do you say love of my life in Jamaican?
Love and Romance Phrases in Jamaican Patois
- Yuh mek mi happy. English Translation You make me happy.
- Yuh a di luv a mi life. English Translation You are the love of my life.
- Mi luv yuh tuh. English Translation I love you too.
- Mi like yuh.
- Mi luv yuh wid all a mi heart.
- Yuh luv mi?
- Mi waah fi bi wid yuh fi eva.
- Yuh suh sweet.
How do you say sweetheart in Jamaican?
puttus (Adjective) Meaning/Description: sweetheart, honey bunch. An affectionate term.
How do Jamaicans greet each other?
The most common greeting is the handshake with direct eye contact, and a warm smile. Use the appropriate salutation for the time of day: “good morning”, “good afternoon”, or “good evening”. Once a friendship has been established, women may hug and kiss on each cheek, starting with the right.
What is the Jamaican word for beautiful?
Criss: Jamaican expression meaning “Pretty;” “fine;” or “okay.” Finnicky: Flighty; jumpy.
How do you say love in Jamaican?
‘Boonoonoonoos ‘ Boonoonoonoos is a Jamaican saying to express love.
How do you keep a Jamaican man interested?
How to keep your man happy and faithful
- Respect and ‘big him up’ “Let him know and feel that he is highly regarded by you.
- Support him. Powell said though he may have aspirations that seem unachievable, encourage him and praise his efforts.
- Share interests.
- Me time.
- Be honest and dependable.
How do you tell if a Jamaican man loves you?
7 Lucky signs he truly loves You
- He makes time for you.
- He compromises: Just about every couple will have arguments.
- He treats you with respect: This goes without debate, if a man is in love with you, he will respect your opinions and celebrate your accomplishments.
What do you call a Jamaican boyfriend?
20 names Jamaicans call their lovers
- Putus – This one has stood the test of time.
- Boonununus – made into a household name by the late great, Louise Bennett-Coverley, affectionately known as ‘Mis Lou’
- Daddy – Some wives dub their husbands as such.
- Mommy – Loving colonisation in reverse.
- Sweets – A unisex nickname.
How do u say hello in Jamaican?
Hail up – Hi or Hello Mostly used by Jamaican men especially those practicing the Rastafarian faith.
How do Jamaicans say goodbye?
‘ Lickkle more ‘ Meaning see ‘you later’ or ‘goodbye’.
How do you say see you soon in Jamaican?
“Inna di likkle bit” – In the little bit. It means I will see you soon or I will see you shortly.
What does Gyal mean?
GYAL is a slang term of West Indian origin, which means ” Girl.” It is often used to refer to a girlfriend.
How do you say fart in Jamaican?
poomp – Caribbean Dictionary. Flatulence; A fart.
What is Rasclat?
noun. vulgar slang Caribbean. A despicable or contemptible person; frequently as a term of abuse.