- 1 How do you say basic phrases in Thai?
- 2 What does Kha Khun mean?
- 3 What is the meaning of Teerak?
- 4 What does Jing Jing mean in Thai?
- 5 What is KHAP in Thai?
- 6 What does 555 in Thailand mean?
- 7 What is KRUB in Thai?
- 8 What does Mai Dai mean in Thai?
- 9 What does Kop Khun Krap mean?
- 10 What does Sabai Sabai mean in Thai?
- 11 What do Thai couples call each other?
- 12 How do you say goodnight in Thai?
How do you say basic phrases in Thai?
Basic Thai Phrases
- Hello – Sawadee khrup/ka.
- Yes – Chai (khrup/ka)
- No – Mai (khrup/ka)
- Maybe – Aaj ja (khrup/ka)
- Thank you – khop khun (khrup/ka)
- Sorry/excuse me – Khor thoad khrup/ka.
- Where is the restroom– Hong nam yoo tee nai khrup/ka?
- I need a doctor- Phom dong gaan hai mor maa raak sa khrup/ka.
What does Kha Khun mean?
3 – Thank You in Thai: Khop Khun kha/khap The Thai word for thank you is khop khun. It is perhaps the most important Thai word to learn.
What is the meaning of Teerak?
You might have seen this spelt as “teerak”, and you may have heard it shouted at you by a girl in a miniskirt and high heels as you stumbled towards a taxi at 1 AM. Where you go, tîi rák? This means dear, darling, or love. So in English you might say: Thank you, dear.
What does Jing Jing mean in Thai?
The root word is จริง, which means ‘true’ or ‘real’. จริง Jing1. If you repeat the word twice, it means ‘really! ‘, ‘ seriously ‘, or ‘I’m telling the truth.
What is KHAP in Thai?
Sawasdee (khap/ka) – “Hello” If you’ve stepped into Thailand before, you definitely would have heard this phrase before. Countless times! It generally means hello, but it can also serve as good morning, good afternoon, and goodbye.
What does 555 in Thailand mean?
So, if you’ve ever been wondering what 555 means in Thailand, here it is: Writing 555 is the same as using hahaha or lol in your message. Yup, it is that simple. Next time you see it you’ll know they are joking around, having a laugh, or thought what they wrote is funny (don’t we all).
What is KRUB in Thai?
Thai children are taught to make a habit of using these polite endings from a young age. Thai women end sentences with “ka” while Thai men use “krub” as dictated by social etiquette. “In Thai ‘krub’ and ‘ka’ are polite particles added to the end of a sentence.
What does Mai Dai mean in Thai?
Its literal meaning is ” I didn’t hear “. The equivalent statement about eating would be mai dai gin “I didn’t eat”
What does Kop Khun Krap mean?
Kap khun krap/ka: Thank You A polite thank you is a lovely way to leave a restaurant or show appreciation in any place – for this you can say kap khun krap/ka.
What does Sabai Sabai mean in Thai?
What is the meaning of sabaidee? As mentioned earlier, สบาย (sabai) means ‘ comfortable ‘ and ดี (dii) means ‘good’. สบายดี (sabaidee) can be literally translated as ‘well comfortable’. The phrase is used to answer the question ‘สบายดีไหม’ (How are you?) in Thai.
What do Thai couples call each other?
Thai Darlings & Sweethearts
- The standard modern edition.
- ที่รัก /tîi rák/* = dear, darling, love.
- หวานใจ /wǎan jai/ = sweetheart.
- ดาหลิง /daa-lǐng/ or ด่าลิ้ง /dàa-líng/ = darling.
- ทูนหัว /tuun hǔa/ = dearest, beloved.
- ยาหยี /yaa yǐi/ = dear, darling.
- น้องรัก /nÓOng rák/ = dear (lady) love.
How do you say goodnight in Thai?
ฝันดีนะ (fan dii na) is a commonly used wording to say “good night” in Thai.