- 1 How do u say goodnight in Hawaiian?
- 2 What are some Hawaiian sayings?
- 3 Do you speak Hawaiian in Hawaiian?
- 4 How do you say hoe in Hawaiian?
- 5 What is a Hawaiian blessing?
- 6 What is the Hawaiian symbol for love?
- 7 What does Aloha Nui Loa?
- 8 What does HULO mean in Hawaiian?
- 9 What is Aloha Kakou?
- 10 What is the meaning of ohana?
- 11 How do you reply to Aloha?
- 12 What does Mahala mean in Hawaiian?
- 13 How do you say aloha Kakahiaka?
How do u say goodnight in Hawaiian?
Pronounced a-lo-ha Use Aloha kakahiaka to say, ‘good morning’, Aloha ‘auinalā for ‘good afternoon’ and Aloha ahiahi for ‘good evening’.
What are some Hawaiian sayings?
Proverbs of Love Aloha Aku No, Aloha Mai No – (I give my love to you, you give your love to me.) `A`ohe loa i ka hana a ke aloha – (Distance is ignored by love.) Ua ola loko i ke aloha – (Love gives life within.) He kehau ho`oma`ema`e ke aloha – (Love is like a cleansing dew.)
Do you speak Hawaiian in Hawaiian?
Do you speak Hawaiian? – Ka Wai Ola.
How do you say hoe in Hawaiian?
HOE = pronounced ho aee. Paddle!
What is a Hawaiian blessing?
The blessing, based on traditional Hawaiian belief of kapu*, is used to remove something disturbing that has arisen or has been called down upon a place. Things such as negative energy or curses. The notion is to cleanse or heal the space so that the new occupants can start afresh.
What is the Hawaiian symbol for love?
ORCHID: This beautiful native flower is a symbol of love, beauty, luxury and magnificence.
What does Aloha Nui Loa?
Aloha nui loa (“new ee low a”) or “all my love ” in Hawaiian.
What does HULO mean in Hawaiian?
nvs. Esteemed, choice, precious; esteemed older relative, as of parents or grandparents’ generations.
What is Aloha Kakou?
Greetings, hello, good- bye, affection, love. Aloha kakou. Aloha to all (including speaker)
What is the meaning of ohana?
When you visit Maui and are welcomed at your place of stay, you might be told you are now part of their ‘ohana. As ‘ohana, we all take care of each other, and we raise each other’s children.
How do you reply to Aloha?
If someone says “Aloha” to you, say it right back. Mahalo means “thank you.” If someone does you a kindness, don’t be shy about saying, “Mahalo,” to them.
What does Mahala mean in Hawaiian?
Sidenote: According to Wikipedia, Mahalo is a Hawaiian word meaning thanks, gratitiude, admirtaion, praise, esteem, regards and respects.
How do you say aloha Kakahiaka?
15 Basic Hawaiian Words and Phrases for Your Trip to the Aloha State
- Related: 7 Destinations in Hawaii Where the Locals Love to Go.
- Aloha (and its variations)
- Aloha kakahiaka: Pronounced a-lo-ha kah-kah-hee-yah-kah.
- Aloha awakea: Pronounced a-loh-ha av-ah-kay-ah.
- Aloha ‘auinalā: Pronounced a-loh-ha ah-wee-na-lah.