- 1 What’s blue in different languages?
- 2 How do you say hue in different languages?
- 3 How do you say shade in different languages?
- 4 How do you say purple in different languages?
- 5 How do you say night in other languages?
- 6 What is another name for purple?
- 7 What name means purple?
- 8 What do you name something purple?
What’s blue in different languages?
The terms for “blue”, on the other hand, vary: Catalan blau, Occitan blau, French bleu and Italian blu come from a Germanic root, whereas the Spanish and Portuguese azul is likely to come from Arabic. French bleu was in turn loaned into many other languages, including English.
How do you say hue in different languages?
In other languages hue
- American English: hue /hyˈu/
- Brazilian Portuguese: matiz.
- Chinese: 颜色
- European Spanish: color.
- French: teinte.
- German: Farbton.
- Italian: tinta.
- Japanese: 色合い
How do you say shade in different languages?
In other languages shade
- American English: shade /ˈʃeɪd/
- Arabic: ظِلّ
- Brazilian Portuguese: sombra.
- Chinese: 荫凉处
- Croatian: nijansa.
- Czech: stín místo.
- Danish: skygge.
- Dutch: schaduw.
How do you say purple in different languages?
In other languages purple
- Arabic: أُرْجُوَانِي
- Brazilian Portuguese: roxo.
- Chinese: 紫色的
- Croatian: ljubičast.
- Czech: purpurový
- Danish: purpur.
- Dutch: paars.
- European Spanish: morado.
How do you say night in other languages?
- Frisian: nacht.
- Dutch: nacht.
- Afrikaans: nacht.
- Low German:
- High German: Nacht.
- Gothic: nahts.
- Icelandic: nótt.
- Swedish: natt.
What is another name for purple?
In this page you can discover 47 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for purple, like: violet, lilac, lavender, plum, royal, purpled, grape, majestic, maroon, magenta and purpurean.
What name means purple?
Baby Boy Names That Mean Purple or Violet
- Hyacinth. This unisex name has Greek origin and translates to ‘blue larkspur’ or the ‘precious stone.
What do you name something purple?
20 sophisticated color names for purple