- 1 What is Sugoi?
- 2 How do you praise in Japanese?
- 3 What are some cool Japanese words?
- 4 How do you say you are very beautiful in Japanese?
- 5 What is Kimochi?
- 6 What Moshi Moshi means?
- 7 How do you compliment a Japanese guy?
- 8 How do you compliment a singer in Japanese?
- 9 What is kakoi in Japanese?
- 10 What is the prettiest Japanese word?
- 11 Is Baka a swear word?
- 12 What is Baka in Japanese?
- 13 What does Kireina mean in Japanese?
- 14 What is Goodnight in Japanese?
- 15 What is kawaii Japanese?
What is Sugoi?
すごい (Sugoi) is a word that’s typically used when you’re left awestruck out of excitement or feel overwhelmed. This can be for any situation be it good or bad. A similar English expression would go somewhere along the lines of “Oh… Wow”. However, it can also be used to express that something is terrible or dreadful.
How do you praise in Japanese?
How to compliment in Japanese
- 素敵 [Suteki] – Fantastic! Beautiful!
- かっこいい [Kakkoii] – Cool!
- かわいい [Kawaii] – Cute!
- すばらしい [Subarashii] – Wonderful!
- 上手 [Jouzu] – You’re good at this!
- 優しい [Yasashii] – You’re so kind!
- 頑張っているね [Ganbatteirune] – You sure are working hard!
- 美味しい [Oishii] – Yummy!
What are some cool Japanese words?
12 Beautiful Japanese Words You Have to Know
- Shinrinyoku (森林浴) You know that moment you walk through a forest and all of the natural, green light goes over you?
- Ikigai (生きがい)
- Itadakimasu (いただきます)
- Natsukashii (懐かしい)
- Wabi-Sabi (侘寂)
- Kanbina (甘美な)
- Mono-no-aware (物の哀れ)
- Furusato (ふるさと)
How do you say you are very beautiful in Japanese?
Learn Japanese How do you say “you are beautiful” in Japanese? In Japanese, ‘beautiful’ is “きれいKirei”. When you want to tell someone “you are beautiful”, you can say “ Anata wa Kirei desu”, or “Anata wa totemo Kirei” to mean ‘you are very beautiful’.
What is Kimochi?
What is the meaning of kimochi in Japanese? Kimochi is a “feeling.” This type of feeling is usually one brought on by some stimulation and is something of a non-persisting state of feeling. Kimochii (with a long -ii sound) means “good feeling.”
What Moshi Moshi means?
These all mean ” I’m going to say (talk).” Eventually it was shortened to “moushi” (申し) and was used to catch somebody’s attention, like saying “hey!” Technically, when you say “moshi moshi,” you’re politely saying “I’m going to talk” twice. But it feels more like, “Hey, dude.”
How do you compliment a Japanese guy?
- カッコいい – Kakko ii – Cool or handsome.
- イケメン – Ikemen- Good looking.
- センスがいい – sensu ga ii – Nice sense of clothing/style.
- モテそう – motesou – You seem to be popular with women.
- 似合 にあ ってる – niatteru – Looks good on you.
- 凛々 りり しい 顔立 かおだ ち – riri shii kao dachi – sharp looking face.
How do you compliment a singer in Japanese?
Member. “Your [singing] voice is lovely.” 歌声がすごく綺麗ですよ 。 This is a strong compliment, rather than a casual remark.
What is kakoi in Japanese?
2. いい – Read as Ii. The former refers to the “Appearance” of someone or something whereas the latter is an adjective used to describe something as “Good”. When put together, these 2 words form Kakkoii, of which would be used to describe someone or something as “Good Looking” or “Cool”.
What is the prettiest Japanese word?
Kawairashii is a pretty word to say that’s also the Japanese word you’d use to describe someone or something as being pretty. It also means lovely.
Is Baka a swear word?
The expression baka-yarō 馬鹿野郎 is one of the most insulting terms in the Japanese lexicon, but it is vague and can range in meaning from an affectionate ‘silly-willy’ to an abusive ‘jerk-off fool’. Baka-yarō is so widely used that it has become semantically weak and vague.
What is Baka in Japanese?
Baka is a Japanese word that means “ crazy,” “foolish,” or downright “stupid.” It can also be used as a noun for “a fool” or “a crazy or stupid person.” Anime and manga fans in the West have adopted the use of baka as a (usually joking) insult.
What does Kireina mean in Japanese?
Learn Japanese vocabulary: 綺麗 【きれい】(kirei). Meaning: pretty; lovely; beautiful.
What is Goodnight in Japanese?
Generally, the Japanese expression for saying “goodnight” is “ おやすみ“(Oyasumi). However, it may be inappropriate to use it sometimes depending on the situation.
What is kawaii Japanese?
In Japanese, the word kawaii has a meaning that sits more or less at the juncture of “cute, ” “tiny,” or “lovable.” The cute aesthetic—with its bold, nearly cartoon-like lines and rounded forms—informs a large segment of Japanese popular culture.