- 1 How do you respond to Danke in German?
- 2 How do you respond to thank you in German?
- 3 Does dunka mean thank you?
- 4 Is Danke rude?
- 5 How do you say you’re welcome?
- 6 What is a bitte?
- 7 How do you say thank you in a good way?
- 8 How do you say thank you politely?
- 9 What’s banned in Germany?
- 10 How do you respond to Guten Morgen?
- 11 What does Danca mean in German?
- 12 What is the difference between Danke and Danke Schoen?
How do you respond to Danke in German?
When someone says danke, the standard response is bitte. This normally means ‘please’, but within the context of responding to a ‘thank you’, it means ‘you’re welcome’. If instead they say danke schön, then you should reply by saying bitte schön.
How do you respond to thank you in German?
Now that you know how to offer a heartfelt thanks when the time comes, let’s learn how to respond when people extend that gratitude to you.
- Bitte — You’re welcome.
- Bitte schön / Bitte sehr — You’re very welcome.
- Gern geschehen / Gerne — Done gladly.
- Nichts zu danken — Nothing to thank for.
- Kein Problem — No problem.
Does dunka mean thank you?
interjection German. thank you very much.
Is Danke rude?
“Danke”/”Bitte” is perfectly fine. It’s neither rude or weird, just less enthusiastic and a bit less formal than the longer forms.
How do you say you’re welcome?
Here are a few more ways to say “You’re welcome” in English.
- You got it.
- Don’t mention it.
- No worries.
- Not a problem.
- My pleasure.
- It was nothing.
- I’m happy to help.
- Not at all.
What is a bitte?
The German word bitte means so much more than “please” or “you’re welcome.” In some ways, it’s a go-to word like “pardon.” Keep reading to find out more about bitte and how you can incorporate it into your daily German vocabulary.
How do you say thank you in a good way?
Other Ways to Say “Thank You So Much” and “Thank You Very Much” in Writing
- 1 Thank you for all your hard work on this.
- 2 Thanks again, we couldn’t have pulled this off without you.
- 3 Thank you, you’re amazing!
- 4 I’m so thankful for everything you bring to the table.
- 5 Thank you kindly.
- 6 Thanks a million.
- 7 Many thanks.
How do you say thank you politely?
These general thank-you phrases can be used for all personal and professional communications:
- Thank you so much.
- Thank you very much.
- I appreciate your consideration/guidance/help/time.
- I sincerely appreciate ….
- My sincere appreciation/gratitude/thanks.
- My thanks and appreciation.
- Please accept my deepest thanks.
What’s banned in Germany?
10 Strange German Laws (Fact vs. Fiction)
- It’s illegal to run out of fuel on the Autobahn.
- It’s forbidden to work in an office without window.
- It’s forbidden to tune the piano at midnight.
- It’s forbidden to keep urns at home.
- It’s illegal to hang the laundry on Sunday.
How do you respond to Guten Morgen?
Very often people just reply with the same thing that has been said to them. Guten Morgen, Franz! – Guten Morgen, Helmut! Good morning, Franz!
What does Danca mean in German?
Danka for Thank You, Bitteschön for You’re Welcome. German.
What is the difference between Danke and Danke Schoen?
You can think of danke as being more like “thanks / thank you” and danke schön as more like ” thank you very much ” in English, while vielen Dank is closer to the English “many thanks” (although it can be translated as a more formal “thank you very much” as well).