How do you speak German words?
The benefits of learning the most common German words first
- Hallo = Hello. Let’s naturally start with “Hallo” which means “Hello” in German.
- Liebe = Love. Love is a universal feeling and we definitely had to talk about it here.
- Glück = Happiness.
- Katze = Cat.
- Hund = Dog.
- Lächeln = Smile.
- Deutscher = German.
- Ja = Yes.
How do you say do you speak German in the German language?
Sprechen Sie Deutsch? is the polite way of asking ‘Do you speak German?’ in German.
What is the best German word?
10 beautiful and memorable German words
- Sehnsucht. Amid different definitions, which vary from yearning, desire and/or craving, Sehnsucht is a feeling of longing for something unknown and indefinite.
How do you pronounce ch in German?
- “ch” is followed by “r”, “l”, “a”, or “o”: It’s pronounced like English (or German) “k”.
- “ch” is followed by an “e” or “i”: It’s generally pronounced like the soft “ch” we know from ich; see, for example, Chemie (“chemistry”).
What is your name in German?
If you want to say “What is your name?” in German, you would either say, “ Wie heißen sie? ” (formal) or “Wie heißt du?” (informal).
Do you know what im saying in German?
You know what I’m saying? [coll.] Weißt du, was ich meine? [ugs.]
Is German hard to learn?
With plenty of straightforward rules, German is not actually as hard to learn as most people think. And since English and German stem from the same language family, you might actually be surprised at the things you pick up without even trying! And on top of it all, it’s definitely a useful one, too.
Is German easy to learn?
German might not be as familiar to English speakers as Spanish, but it’s still one of the easiest languages to learn. Like Spanish, it’s also a phonetic language, which makes pronunciation easy to figure out. All of these things can make learning German easier in the beginning.