- 1 Is there a word for no in Mandarin?
- 2 How do you refuse in Chinese?
- 3 Is it rude to say no in China?
- 4 What does Na Li mean in Mandarin?
- 5 Why is it important for a non Chinese to know how the Chinese say no?
- 6 What is bu shi?
- 7 What is your name in Chinese?
- 8 What is Italian for no?
- 9 What is the meaning of NO in Spanish?
- 10 How do you indirectly say no?
- 11 How do you say no people?
- 12 How do you say yes informally?
- 13 What is Wei Shen?
Is there a word for no in Mandarin?
1. 不是(bùshì) and 不是的(bùshìde) Therefore, it should come as no surprise that negating 是(shì) by adding 不(bù, not; no) is one way to say “no” in Chinese.
How do you refuse in Chinese?
How To Politely Decline An Invitation In Chinese
- 1. ” 我们下一次在去吧 (wǒ men xià yī cì zài qù ba)” “Let’s go next time.”
- 2. ” 真的不用(了) zhēn de bù yòng (Le).” “Really, there’s no need.”
- 5. ” 我今天没有空 Wǒ jīn tiān méi yǒu kòng” “I don’t have time today.”
Is it rude to say no in China?
If you’re at all familiar with Chinese language and culture, you may already understand that it’s considered rude to say “no” in Chinese or to directly refuse an offer. In fact, there is no word in Mandarin Chinese that is the exact equivalent to the word “no” in English.
What does Na Li mean in Mandarin?
somewhere anywhere wherever nowhere (negative answer to question) humble expression denying compliment. Example Usage Strokes. 哪里 Trad. 哪裏
Why is it important for a non Chinese to know how the Chinese say no?
Second, understanding the Chinese indirect methods of refusal can allow Western business people to apply them to their own conversations and negotiations with the Chinese. By saying no in the Chinese way, the feelings of the Chinese can be spared, allowing for a more effective working relationship.
What is bu shi?
不時 bù shí from time to time now and then occasionally frequently. Example Usage Strokes.
What is your name in Chinese?
In Chinese, when you want to know someone’s name, you can say “ Nǐ jiào shénme míngzi? ” It means “what’s your name?” In this sentence, “jiào” is a verb, which means ‘be called”. “Shénme” means “what”. “Míngzi” means “name”. When you answer this question you may use, “Wǒ jiào” plus name.
What is Italian for no?
The Italian words for Yes is Sì, and the Italian word for No is No! Find out how to pronounce them in this free Italian lesson.
What is the meaning of NO in Spanish?
In Spanish, you can replace the word no with another word, such as nadie (nobody) or nada (nothing).
How do you indirectly say no?
Examples of how to do this include:
- Hmmm, interesting. Let me think about it, and I’ll let you know.
- I won’t have the time for a month or two.
- Those dates don’t work for me.
- My calendar is already full, but if something opens up, I’ll give you a call.
- I’d like to help you, but I don’t know how.
How do you say no people?
Here’s how to say no with less stress and guilt—it really can be this simple.
- Just Say “I’m Sorry—I Can’t Do This Right Now”
- Give Yourself Time.
- Say Yes to Something Else.
How do you say yes informally?
What is Wei Shen?
English translation of 为什么 ( wei shenme / wèi shénme ) – why in Chinese.